XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

A question: I have been using One Signal Push notifications with WordPress for some time. I hear now you can set up One Signal with Xenforo too.

Do one signal push notifications behave any differently with the XPress bridge, or would I just have to pick either Xenforo or WP and run One Signal on the Single platform with push notifications only working on the one platform too?

XenForo 2.1. can do browser notifications, but no One Signal Push Notifications, at least not without an add-on. I'm generally not familiar enough with OneSignal to give any definite statement on whether it's possible to connect multiple services from the same server to it, so don't take it as definitive answer, but: I see no reason from our Bridge/Software side why it should not be possible.

Any movement on the Woocommerce styling? I notice its been marked as priority for around 6 months.
@Ian Hitt

Hi. I am using xpress. The following errors are repeatedly occurring. I want to learn how to fix it.

Server error log
  • League\Flysystem\FileExistsException: File already exists at path: xlink_api_cache/c96a950b8e26e10f0ef239b1957e18e292d8413d9b030a0d8e1f68a68e38670c1394825e9d3d590f0e71e251beca4a5b5f90769e662eb14cf70758ad0c1bb39a.data
  • src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php:404
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • 19/1/30 at PM 7:11
Stack trace
#0 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(66): League\Flysystem\Filesystem->assertAbsent('xlink_api_cache...')
#1 [internal function]: League\Flysystem\Filesystem->write('xlink_api_cache...', '[]', Array)
#2 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(431): call_user_func_array('parent::write', Array)
#3 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(395): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->callFilesystemMethod('write', Array)
#4 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(247): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->delegateMethodCall('write', Array)
#5 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/MountManager.php(441): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->write('xlink_api_cache...', '[]', Array)
#6 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/SimpleCache.php(65): League\Flysystem\MountManager->write('xlink_api_cache...', '[]')
#7 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php(64): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->setSimpleCache('c96a950b8e26e10...', Array)
#8 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php(186): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI('/wp/v2/categori...', Array)
#9 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Navigation/RemoteNavigation.php(139): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->getSubnavigation()
#10 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(107): ThemeHouse\XLink\Navigation\RemoteNavigation::displayPlatformExtended(1, 'thxlink_1')
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(6557): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Template\Templater), 'members', Array)
#12 src/XF/Pub/App.php(560): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'members', Array)
#13 src/XF/Pub/App.php(513): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'members')
#14 src/XF/App.php(1988): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(362): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#17 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(392): XF\App->run()
#19 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#20 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(72) "/forum/members/%EC%95%84%EB%B9%A0%EB%8A%94%EC%82%AC%EC%B6%98%EA%B8%B0.1/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/members/아빠는사춘기_1/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Any movement on the Woocommerce styling? I notice its been marked as priority for around 6 months.

We've added additional styling for WooCommerce in our latest release. We have plans to go further in the future, but the latest release has added styling to common core components, such as buttons, tables, headings, typography, colors, as well as some general styling to their components such as their scaffolding, cards, and others.

XenForo 2.1. can do browser notifications, but no One Signal Push Notifications, at least not without an add-on. I'm generally not familiar enough with OneSignal to give any definite statement on whether it's possible to connect multiple services from the same server to it, so don't take it as definitive answer, but: I see no reason from our Bridge/Software side why it should not be possible.

@Ian Hitt

Just in case you're not aware, there is an official OneSignal integration for Wordpress, which I've been using on one of my WP sites.

Hey guys. We've thrown around ideas internally over the day on how we could improve things and we opted into going the extra mile and lifting the usergroup map to a criteria rule based approach. Coming with the next update, we will replace the existing usergroup map with a system similar to XenForos User Group promotion system. If you haven't already, we suggest holding back with changing your usergroup setup until then.
Until the new update, can we use "XPRESS Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 Released" with Xenforo-2.1 ?

Now that XF 2.1 is official and UI.X 2 supports it - when can we expect to get the update for Xpress with the new usergroup management? Is it rather days or weeks? Apart from that and the featured image excerpt everything is working properly for me and I can't wait to upgrade my site :)

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

XLink Version 1.0.1 released!

Please be aware: This is an XLink specific update. As a result, it does not target XPress specific bugs, which will be handled in a separate update.

Additions:
  • The usergroup map has been replaced with a user group promotion system.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug preventing the section context from automatically being set after platform creation.
  • Fixed an "undefined index: platform_id" error being reported on cron jobs.
  • Fixed a "file already exists at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Patch Level 1 released!

Enhancements:
- Improved API call error logging to display more comprehensible errors.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a "Sorry, that username already exists" error on automated account creation.
  • Fixed an error that prevented the update available message from vanishing after updating.
  • Fixed a "instance of WP_User expected, boolean given" error.
  • Fixed an issue that would sort the profile views article list backwards.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent promoted articles...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So I did a quick installation of the updates on my staging server, running XF 2.1, the latest WP version and the just released UI.X2 with my custom child theme - and it all looked great!

But when trying to promote a post to an article, I'm redirected to Wordpress as I should be, but when publishing, I do get the following error message:

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x99\x82\x0AI...' for column 'message' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 217

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 89
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 277
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1457
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1184
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Post/Editor.php at line 187
  8. XF\Service\Post\Editor->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  9. XF\Service\Post\Editor->save() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/Service/WordPress/UpdateThread.php at line 72
  10. ThemeHouse\XPress\Service\WordPress\UpdateThread->save() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress.php at line 758
  11. XPress::{closure}() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php at line 288
  12. WP_Hook->apply_filters() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php at line 310
  13. WP_Hook->do_action() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-includes/plugin.php at line 453
  14. do_action() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-includes/post.php at line 3747
  15. wp_insert_post() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-includes/post.php at line 3820
  16. wp_update_post() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-admin/includes/post.php at line 399
  17. edit_post() in /var/www/vhosts/gaming-universe.de/neuland.gaming-universe.de/wp-admin/post.php at line 206

At the same time, the article still gets generated properly.

I also do get the error that manual rebuild jobs are awaiting completition with the following result:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'neuland_db.xf_th_xlink_usergroup_link' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() insrc/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() insrc/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.phpat line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.phpat line 89
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line1294
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Job/SyncUsergroupMap.php at line 39
  7. ThemeHouse\XLink\Job\SyncUsergroupMap->run() insrc/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
  8. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line195
  9. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 79
  10. XF\Job\Manager->runQueue() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 139
  11. XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line248
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.phpat line 100
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line50
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Last but not least, I do get ongoing errors in the server log that neuland_db.xf_th_xlink_usergroup_link does not exist.

Last test: Crossposting from Wordpress to XF 2.1 works well but when promoting the article with the "featured" tag, I only get "..." as an excerpt (despite excerpts finally working for older articles since the update).

Edit: After editing the article, the excerpt shows up again. So the ... error only appears when publishing an article for the first time. Weird.

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x99\x82\x0AI...' for column 'message' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 217
Any special Unicode characters in your message? WordPress Databases don't support UTF8mb4, so stuff like emojis might be the reason.

Any special Unicode characters in your message? WordPress Databases don't support UTF8mb4, so stuff like emojis might be the reason.

There's an emoji in the message ( :) ) as well as the follwing BB code: [ ATTACH ]8[ /ATTACH ]
Should we just ignore error messages in this case or do we need to edit emojis out of promoted posts before publishing?

Edit: I've tried to promote a post without emojis or attachments and it worked without any problems. Attachments don't seem to be an issue due to BB code so is there a way to omit emojis from being posted to WP in a future update?

Also regarding the other error message (Table 'neuland_db.xf_th_xlink_usergroup_link' doesn't exist) - is this a bug or is it an issue because I upgraded from 1.1.0 to Patch Level 1? Should I just ignore it for the meantime?

Last edited:
Given the context of your response, does this mean that XPress now has provisions for XF 2.1 compatibility or was your response directed at the general update timeframe alone?

I'm not sure if that's what you mean but the newest Xpress version is compatible with XF 2.1. If you are using UI.X 2, the XF 2.1 compatible version was also released earlier today.

I have questions. :)

I have a couple of groups of sites that share a common forum. For one, XenForo is the main attraction, but we also have WP used as a home page for the site, and have a second, unused site that we might be looking to restart.

1) Is it possible to use more than one WordPress site with one forum?

2) Do the domains need to be the same? On another project, some of the WP sites run as subdomains, while others are on completely different domains.

In all cases above, the sites are located on the same server and share the same database. Plus, all WP installations are WP Multisite for each project. (So the first group of sites I mentioned is on one multisite installation, and the second group of sites share their own multisite installation.)

These are things that tripped up other bridges I have tried and made them unusable. (Subdomains were iffy; different domains were impossible.) Having a good solid bridge could solve a few problems for us. :)

Would converting the tables to UTF8MB4 fix this?

Top Bottom