XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

@Mike Creuzer I am referring to like here we see (Post Reply)

I was thinking on XenForo side have some dynamic buttons or whatever for instance (New Blog, Create Blog) it would be that would take you to a new WordPress post box just something other than Administration then having to fish around to the Post area just save those steps

Is it possible to edit menus within wordpress and have those reflected on the blog? I can't get any new categories to show up either. Associating a menu to "Top Menu" doesn't appear to do anything.

Is it possible to edit menus within wordpress and have those reflected on the blog? I can't get any new categories to show up either. Associating a menu to "Top Menu" doesn't appear to do anything.

When using the theme bridge the main navigation will come from XF

Just started to play with widget system. When I check XF, see the following errors. Any idea ?

ErrorException: Template error: Cannot call method hasPermission on a non-object (NULL) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:926

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Cannot call met...', '/home/altikana/...', 926, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(926): trigger_error('Cannot call met...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s9/public/andy_forumstatisticsplus.php(6): XF\Template\Templater->method(NULL, 'hasPermission', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('andy_forumstati...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#6 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress/Widget/Widget.php(54): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#7 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php(372): XPress\Widget\Widget->widget(Array, Array)
#8 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/widgets.php(743): WP_Widget->display_callback(Array, Array)
#9 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/sidebar.php(18): dynamic_sidebar('sidebar-1')
#10 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/template.php(688): require_once('/home/altikana/...')
#11 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template('/home/altikana/...', true)
#12 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/general-template.php(110): locate_template(Array, true)
#13 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php(127): get_sidebar()
#14 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/home/altikana/...')
#15 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/altikana/...')
#16 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/index.php(17): require('/home/altikana/...')
#17 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(6) "/blog/"
["referrer"] => string(36) "https://www.altikanal.com/xenkolik2/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Just started to play with widget system. When I check XF, see the following errors. Any idea ?

ErrorException: Template error: Cannot call method hasPermission on a non-object (NULL) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:926

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Cannot call met...', '/home/altikana/...', 926, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(926): trigger_error('Cannot call met...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s9/public/andy_forumstatisticsplus.php(6): XF\Template\Templater->method(NULL, 'hasPermission', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('andy_forumstati...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#6 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress/Widget/Widget.php(54): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#7 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php(372): XPress\Widget\Widget->widget(Array, Array)
#8 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/widgets.php(743): WP_Widget->display_callback(Array, Array)
#9 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/sidebar.php(18): dynamic_sidebar('sidebar-1')
#10 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/template.php(688): require_once('/home/altikana/...')
#11 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template('/home/altikana/...', true)
#12 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/general-template.php(110): locate_template(Array, true)
#13 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php(127): get_sidebar()
#14 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/home/altikana/...')
#15 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/altikana/...')
#16 /home/altikana/public_html/blog/index.php(17): require('/home/altikana/...')
#17 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(6) "/blog/"
["referrer"] => string(36) "https://www.altikanal.com/xenkolik2/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
I went ahead and started a private conversation with you to review this error.

Ah, I realize what we didn't say (I had asked one of our devs to fix this prelaunch). I did not want the below step 1 to be a requirement.

1. Create a new page, call it Home, then set the page template in sidebar to the template Front Page.
2. Then go to Settings > Reading > Posts page and set it to the page you created
3. Then, go to any post, and add the Featured tag.

View attachment 179925View attachment 179926
@Mike Creuzer just do it like you say, but no featured post are showing. Its the same like before..

@Mike Creuzer I am referring to like here we see (Post Reply)

I was thinking on XenForo side have some dynamic buttons or whatever for instance (New Blog, Create Blog) it would be that would take you to a new WordPress post box just something other than Administration then having to fish around to the Post area just save those steps
Ah so you mean you want to post something say as a draft or publish it from the editor? Idk, I mean it is doable, we could go off and let people have their own "category" or "blog" inside of WordPress. Its a bit of a different direction than we're aiming for here, as this product is mainly for those who manage their own content, not currently meant for admins to let their users write blog posts at mass scale. If you want them to write posts, they should be an admin in WordPress, and there is a way to choose that XenForo usergroup. Its definitely something we can do, but there would be quite a few things we'd want to accomplish if we went that route, and its not currently planned.

New categories you add are not showing up in the sectionLinks (subnav)?
It is possible to send a thread on the forum to wordpress without destroying the original thread?
I actually did not know it did this, likely a bug.
@mkucuksari Thats what i did. You must set the page as static to change post page to "home". But there's no slide for me..
Did you mark any posts with 'featured' tag? If you followed the steps, can you create a ticket at themehouse.com and include a link (and option login credentials)

@Mike Creuzer I basically just wanted a button on the front side to create a new Blog!
Well a new blog in WordPress would just be a new Category. You could associate a category with a user as well and have a blog system.

If you wanted just an editor button that instead of posting to the forum posts to the blog, idk, it seems like that user should just do it from WordPress. The promote to article function should be used, imo, as a means to grab a great point someone posts (organically, non-staff member of your site) and promote it, not to replace the way to post articles.

Well a new blog in WordPress would just be a new Category. You could associate a category with a user as well and have a blog system.

If you wanted just an editor button that instead of posting to the forum posts to the blog, idk, it seems like that user should just do it from WordPress. The promote to article function should be used, imo, as a means to grab a great point someone posts (organically, non-staff member of your site) and promote it, not to replace the way to post articles.

So it sounds complicated otherwise I think you would have already added it! I see some people just used a widget but yeah I wanted to be like a forums for the Blogs as to just click "CREATE BLOG" button so never mind I'll just do it the old fashioned way for now!

So it sounds complicated otherwise I think you would have already added it!
It would require some additional development so not as easy as just putting a button, but is a feature we can discuss building in the future.
I see some people just used a widget but yeah I wanted to be like a forums for the Blogs as to just click "CREATE BLOG" button so never mind I'll just do it the old fashioned way for now!
I think you're wanting like user blogs, more or less, correct? Like IPS and vBlog and other systems had. This isn't for that, but it could be with some support for it. Framework is there, would be just building that feature in.

It would require some additional development so not as easy as just putting a button, but is a feature we can discuss building in the future.

I think you're wanting like user blogs, more or less, correct? Like IPS and vBlog and other systems had. This isn't for that, but it could be with some support for it. Framework is there, would be just building that feature in.

No not user Blogs just wanted a quick access button frontside for me to post a new Blog!

You have the "New" button on the WordPress admin bar. Just select "Post" there and it'll bring you directly to the new article page.

Top Bottom