XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Could you get a specific example of what you mean?

It should be possible to do this with template conditionals by identifying the content template being used

Edit: Just checked, and the conditional you'd want to use is <xf:if is="{$template} === 'thxpress_wrapper'">
Like I wanted a redirect to my Facebook or Twitter page.

https://site.com/r/fb | https://site.com/r/facebook
https://site.com/r/twitter

etc, would auto redirect to the external or internal links, whichever I choose.

Here is a screen of two settings on we didnt chat about yet:

1. Grid posts
2. Featured slider
"Grid post" is a very good bonus. Did not think we can have it on Xpress. You really did a great job and as a UI.X Thema user, I am sure it will get muc much better with each upgrade.

To be honest, at the beginning $70 price seems to me a little bit high. But after playing with new toy, XPRESS, it really deserves its price.
Many thanks for this great product.

If I can get some more technical details (more screens) about how to set "Featured Slider", my weekend will be great :D

That's not really something covered by this add-on, but I'm sure you can find a WordPress plugin that will do something similar to this :)
What about having site.com/community/media?

Is this something that has to be done on WP, or via some sort of redirect? I would want site.com/media/ instead of site.com/community/media, which is longer, and not as easy to remember.

Is this something that has to be done on WP, or via some sort of redirect? I would want site.com/media/ instead of site.com/community/media, which is longer, and not as easy to remember.

If you're using XenForo's media gallery it'd have to be in community

If you're using XenForo's media gallery it'd have to be in community
Then I feel I should just stick with XF 100%. I just wish the page builder used the same editor as posts/threads. I don't get why it's not the same editor as that.

If you can make an addon that puts the post editor in the page node area, I will buy it!

Could you get a specific example of what you mean?

It should be possible to do this with template conditionals by identifying the content template being used

Edit: Just checked, and the conditional you'd want to use is <xf:if is="{$template} === 'thxpress_wrapper'">
Thanks, glad to know this. Reason is because a partner site of mine we thinking on integration and keeping same members. That is very helpful news :)

Then I feel I should just stick with XF 100%. I just wish the page builder used the same editor as posts/threads. I don't get why it's not the same editor as that.

If you can make an addon that puts the post editor in the page node area, I will buy it!
What page builder? Perhaps Im missing something.

@Mike Creuzer is documentation not up yet? I've purchased this to test as well as a subscription to test the feasibility of this system for an upcoming project. How do you set-up the slider and grid layout on the blog homepage as you demo'd above? I cannot seem to get that nor find the option for it.

Nor can i seem to figure out the slider. Thanks.

@Mike Creuzer is documentation not up yet? I've purchased this to test as well as a subscription to test the feasibility of this system for an upcoming project. How do you set-up the slider and grid layout on the blog homepage as you demo'd above? I cannot seem to get that nor find the option for it.

Nor can i seem to figure out the slider. Thanks.
Its not in documentation, I made an issue today earlier to add. Lots of features.

Go to Style Properties > XPress > and you'll see both settings there.

Assuming you're referring to page nodes that's because HTML gives you MUCH more control over the content, having a full page with only BBCode support would be extremely limiting

Assuming you're referring to page nodes that's because HTML gives you MUCH more control over the content, having a full page with only BBCode support would be extremely limiting
Yea, but actually laying it out, is a bit more cumbersome. Plus, the text field for HTML edits is TOO small. Why can't we expand it to see more of the code at once? Then it would be less irritating.

Can I disable the XF-looking comments on blog posts and use wpDiscuz?
I'd prefer to keep the blog and forums separate except for SSO, is that possible?
Can I eliminate WordPress login completely and use only XF login? What about social login addons for WordPress, what happens there?
Are there many options like in Genesis themes? Blog layout as modal, infinite scroll, featured image customization, etc..

Wonderful extension!

I have a couple of questions:
  1. Are different user groups supported?
  2. Would you be able to use WordPress plugins? Such as a simple directory plugin to show off some company listings?
  3. If so, would you be able to search the data?
Thanks!

Want to report some small issues that need be investigated.

1- Conflicts with some XF Addons:
LINK to Demo Thread: https://www.altikanal.com/blog/2018/07/14/xpress-thread/

When a thread is created at WordPress site , there are some conflicts with some Xenforo addons, like [KL] Editor Manager 1.0.0, HideLinkFromGuests (not sure but may also with [KL] User Improvements 1.0.0. When I disable this addon, Blog view returns to normal.

But in both case linked thread still can not created at Xenforo.

NOTE: For testing purpose [KL] Editor Manager 1.0.0 is temporary DISABLED. But still getting some other errors.

Xpress Thread Errors_3.webp Xpress Thread Errors_4.webp Xpress Thread Errors_1.webp Xpress Thread Errors_2.webp

2- Media Link (Video) can not be seen :
LINK to Demo Thread: https://www.altikanal.com/blog/2018/07/14/xf-video-bug-cant-be-seen-at-wp/

When I promote an existing XF thread , YOUTUBE Video link is not displayed. Also have SMILE display problem.

XF Video Smile.webp

For your further investigation, a ticket will be created at TH Support and all necessary access details will be included.

Additional Notes
  • WordPress and XenForo must be on the same machine (server, computer, etc.) for a successful installation.
  • WordPress and XenForo do not have to share the same subdomain (i.e., XenForo could be on example.com and WordPress on wp.example.com).
  • WordPress and XenForo have to share the same cookie domain.
  • Both the WordPress add-on and XenForo add-on are required for the bridge.
  • The XPress theme provided is optional and is not required for successful installation.

Top Bottom