[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

Just come across blogs, but I'm a little reluctant to purchase at this stage with a rewrite coming out later in the year. Is it best to wait?

Just come across blogs, but I'm a little reluctant to purchase at this stage with a rewrite coming out later in the year. Is it best to wait?
There really isn't a reason to wait, as the rewrite should be coming within a few months, and purchases will have a chance to provide their input during the beta phase. Also buying now supports the developer, and means he'll be able to focus more on the blog and not have to take custom work as much.

There really isn't a reason to wait, as the rewrite should be coming within a few months, and purchases will have a chance to provide their input during the beta phase. Also buying now supports the developer, and means he'll be able to focus more on the blog and not have to take custom work as much.
ok, but I'm not going to lose anything between the upgrades?

ok, just paid up. First impressions is that it looks great but lacks integration with the rest of the site. This was one of the key issues with IPB blogs being a total disaster. Primarily it has to start showing up in whats new searches and an advanced search tab with ability to search blogs is also required.

ok, just paid up. First impressions is that it looks great but lacks integration with the rest of the site. This was one of the key issues with IPB blogs being a total disaster. Primarily it has to start showing up in whats new searches and an advanced search tab with ability to search blogs is also required.
More integration is planned with the next version of the blog.

It isn't possible to show anything but threads in What's New due to the way it was designed, and blog posts already show up in search.

Those issues and several others will be addressed in 1.1. The first beta will be out for that not too far from now and I'm working hard on getting it done–it will be a complete rewrite too. :)

More integration is planned with the next version of the blog.
It isn't possible to show anything but threads in What's New due to the way it was designed
This means its currently a show stopper for me. I would therefore suggest a "whats new" blogs tab would need to be designed. I've trained all my members to use this feature so something needs to display there. I understand its new threads, but there needs to be a tab or something to pick up new blogs from the same results page.

hey this add-on is really spectacular. I already tested the free one out. when I launch in a few months, I'll definitely be purchasing

my only concern is ongoing updates. what if you get bored of this add-on, and then suddenly it breaks with the latest version of xenforo and all of our blog areas break along with it. do you see this as a long term business ?

This means its currently a show stopper for me. I would therefore suggest a "whats new" blogs tab would need to be designed. I've trained all my members to use this feature so something needs to display there. I understand its new threads, but there needs to be a tab or something to pick up new blogs from the same results page.
In order for that to even happen the Blog would need to have the mark-reading ability to truly work with a "What's New" feature.
my only concern is ongoing updates. what if you get bored of this add-on, and then suddenly it breaks with the latest version of xenforo and all of our blog areas break along with it. do you see this as a long term business ?
I'd see boredom happening if I confined myself to doing only this add-on. Thankfully, that's not the case. ;)

The entire reason for even turning to a more business-like approach is to make sure the longevity of this add-on is solidified, and to properly fund it and other projects currently in the XI oven.

Onimua updated [XI] Blog with a new update entry:

Blog 1.0.0 and The Future

The stable version of the Blog is now released, and you can read a bit more about it here. It is a wonderful milestone but it's beyond that that I really want to talk about.

My focus now is on the Blog (Storefront too, but that's not even officially announced yet :p), which has been probably one of the most annoying add-ons to follow, from its conception and fast turn-around time to a long pause and back to updates with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: MrC
What features are currently in development?

Will there be an option where members can see how many have viewed this blogs?

Top Bottom