[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on

[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on 1.0.44b

No permission to download

otto

otto submitted a new resource:

[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on - New fork from Rigels "Good Enough Blogs" Add-on, with english and german language Support

This is a fork from Rigels "Good Enough Blogs" addon (former called Better Blogs). Rigel has give it for free to what ever...

It comes with the same features, but a litle bit template and CSS work, certain new phrases and with a complete german translation so you will have english and german for your members. :)

Tested with Xenforo 1.5.x and latest Widget Framework release

Lets pictures speek (all from made with german language file)

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for this addon. :)

For some reason I cannot upload a file to a the blog post. Its just says error but no error message and no server log error message. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sure with this addon installed? I have tested it serveral days, and had no problems found with file upload as attachment. :unsure:

Have you set the group permissions right?

Ok, I thought it might be the html5 upload addon interfering so I disabled it. Now when I try to upload an a picture it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I try to reproduce, but cant - look:
upload_2016-3-23_16-31-7.webp

No errors, and both work - small thumbnails and big pictures. If it helps to find a solution for you, I run my test site with actual Xenforo and php 5.6.x with imgaick enabled...

Edit: privacy settings for entrys are also ok? And: have you updated a better blogs version or have you make a fresh install?

So, I install the HTML5 Uploader addon from Tinhte, then I test it again - and what should I say:
upload_2016-3-23_16-48-50.webp

It works same way, as without the HTML5 Uploader aktiv. At this time I can now only say: i can't reproduce your problem.

Please double check the permissions for the Simple Blogs addon AND for the xenforo global attachment permissions.

If it helps to find a solution for you, I run my test site with actual Xenforo and php 5.6.x with imgaick enabled...
Yes I have latest version of Xenforo. My php is 5.45 and I have imagemak installed.

privacy settings for entrys are also ok?
Yes, I have them set for all visitors.

have you updated a better blogs version or have you make a fresh install?
Fresh install.

You mean the HTML5 Uploader addon... let me take a look.
I disabled the HTML5 uploader and it still did not work correctly.

I am trying to uninstall and it says this:

Since uninstall is a destructive operation and will remove ALL blogs and ALL entries, to uninstall the blog you need to add the following to your library/config.php: <br/><br/> <pre> $config['allow_blog_uninstall'] = true; </pre>

But when I add this it breaks the site:
Code:
<br/><br/> <pre> $config['allow_blog_uninstall'] = true; </pre>

And when I add this it will still not uninstall:
Code:
$config['allow_blog_uninstall'] = true;

I disabled the HTML5 uploader and it still did not work correctly.
That sounds like a generaly problem with your permissions. Sorry.

But this:
upload_2016-3-23_17-38-34.webp
I have take a look and work on a solution... :) At this point I will mark it as beta and work on a next release to solve this.

looking to try this over next few days, does it give you the option to have a notification in the menu of a new blog entry? or total amount of new blog entries

Please stay, and wait for a better version when its out of beta. Thanks.

It comes, like the original "Good Enough Blogs" addon to, with statistics widget and it gives your members notifications about new entrys, new blogs, new comments and likes.

Next point I dont can reproduce...
upload_2016-3-23_18-39-2.webp
(My Server CPU stats for one week, 5 days the blog addon is runing, with 12 domains (3 Xenforo, 5 Wordpress and rest certain others))

Sound like you have certain trouble in generaly with your site and webspace or server. Your upload issue I dont can reproduce, and at this time, the deinstallation dont work - its the best way for you to deactivate the add-on and wait for a solution.
New addons should generaly tested in a save copy of your life system, and not at live system. If you dont can make a copy to try addons bevor, make a simple backup bevor so you can go back. Sorry that I can not do more for you at this time.

@orange7
I have now a litle bit tested with the deinstallation process - without:
PHP:
$config['allow_blog_uninstall'] = true;
in library/config.php the deinstallation dosn't work. But with exactly this as last line in your xenforo config file will work to propper deinstall the add-on.
A later reinstall work also without problems - but as the warning says, all Blogs and Entrys would be killed, because the datebase tables would be deleted in the deinstallation process (whats absolutly correct at this point!)

I now make some other tests to this ... :)

If you wish I can take a look at your special issues at your site, PN me and make a second admin account for me to take a look at.

Please stay, and wait for a better version when its out of beta. Thanks.

It comes, like the original "Good Enough Blogs" addon to, with statistics widget and it gives your members notifications about new entrys, new blogs, new comments and likes.
Excellent!!

The screen on the left is the forum home page. As you can see, the CSS or something is off. The right image is a sub page, the "Members" page, and it works fine.

I also noticed on the sub-page, random text is displayed below the widget title (right image). In this case, the title of the page is displayed below the widget title. Very odd!

screen1.webp screen2.webp

I also noticed on the sub-page, random text is displayed below the widget title (right image).
You mean "testing" ? :unsure: but, thats not from me as you can see on my screens - I use for this simple numbers, as 1, 2, 3...
To solve this, go to your ACP, and take a template search for "testing" - if the template name starts with xfa_blog - you should simply delete the "testing" out from the template.

Your left image - what style is it? Is that the outdated vBulletin style for XF? It looks like...

Please give me a link, so that I can take a look by my self.

Top Bottom