[XFSoccer] Soccer Betting Game [Deleted]

Here is a challenge ... :cautious: ... how about the addition of predicting goal scorers ... say x points for each goal scorer named... I appreciate the database complexity to that!

Is there a way to show a team that has been deducted points in the league standings? Coventry City in League One have been deducted -10 points for going into liquidation so they are rock bottom however the table generated in this app does not reflect this.

Is there a way to show a team that has been deducted points in the league standings? Coventry City in League One have been deducted -10 points for going into liquidation so they are rock bottom however the table generated in this app does not reflect this.
hi Milo,
if you look on official site of League One, they hace 0(zero) points like on our tables.

can I update to the latest version without losing current members predictions ??

as usual, make an BACKUP of your mysql data and files from server before you are doing anything.
you can always UPGRADE/UPDATE xfsoccer add-on, NONE data or predictions will be lost!

EXCEPT you are UN-INSTALLING and INSTALLING it again, in this case ALL data will be lost/deleted!

thanks for the reply. unfortunately that table is incorrect. does your data come from this source? it should be showing like this -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

@Milo thank you for provided information! @AA_ will look for sure on it. I think he looks always to the official league sites.

Is it possible to stop members submitting live scores? If some members submit the wrong scores then my site could be blocked right?

as @RDR already mentioned, BUT i would do it so: create a new usergroup, set permissions, put this one user into this group. so you don't to have to punish all your users ;)

i do not think that @AA_ will block your site just because there are some stupid users.

@ALL, we are looking for XFSoccer translations into following languages:

Arabic, Croatian, France, Italian, Nederlands, Portugues, Romanian.

English, German, Serbian, Russian, Ukrainian are done. Spanish is in work.

attached XML/ZIP file is for the version 1.0.9 Beta 10 in english if you can handle XML files.

if you have already translated it into your language which is not listed, please export it in your xenforo ACP, zip it, and attach it here or on our demo site.

thank you everyone!

Attachments

Thanks Nicky.

Also, can you clear up some confusion on my part. I was under the impression that the results are automatically updated, so why is there the option to submit live scores? Have I missed something?

Thanks Nicky.

Also, can you clear up some confusion on my part. I was under the impression that the results are automatically updated, so why is there the option to submit live scores? Have I missed something?

Scores are updated from around the community - but you can turn the option off for your forum if you want... All my live scores seem to be provided by "soccerserv" and its pretty quick...

OK so I have a feature suggestion - just an idea and I hope you don't mind me making it:D

What would be great is to automatically create a weekly round up of each league and populate the associated discussion thread.

For example you could use the data and user names to populate a paragraph about winners/biggest movers for the week, current leader and key info like "member x predicted y exact results"...

I'd actually be quite happy to pay for this feature.

Thanks Nicky.

let say, results are updated all 1 minute automatically BUT you have (as i had for World Cup 2010) a lot of users which are VERY quick and update results just few secs later.
this is fun for them, as they see automatically how much points they can earn for that game..
for sure, you can turn off that option.

cant see an option to turn it on/off and i cant seem to update the scores either. forum permissions are set so that i should be able to.

am i getting a validation error however, so maybe that is the problem. (During the validation, the following error has occurred: Error 10. Contact the author of the betting game ("AA_") on xenforo.com or xendach.de.)

@Milo yourdomain.com/admin.php?user-group-permissions/registered.2/
Is allowed to submit match results:
set to "Never"
working fine for me. Registered users can't submit results.

"Error 10" can only be done by @AA_

Yes, I have done that for registered users, but for myself (administrator) i have this set to allow but dont get the option to submit results. I used to, I think it disappeared after I was getting validation errors (currently ongoing with AA_). But currently, the last round of results I cannot complete. Results have not been updated so its on hold at the moment.

Top Bottom