1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained XFServices.com | Recent Activity as Homepage 1.0.3

Turns your XenForo homepage into a Facebook-esque News Feed.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

2. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is a way to make your homepage show your forum, and part of the recent activity feed?

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

If you mean like a "mini-spy" type thing at the top of the forum, I wouldn't know how to do that. :(

4. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be pretty cool

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

7. Gopala Subramanium

Gopala Subramanium Active Member

I installed and then uninstalled this Add On. The "Recent Activity" originally reflecting under "Members" tab is now written as "recent_activity". How do i get this back to the original? Please help. Thanks,

8. ScopeXL

ScopeXL Member

I had this problem too, its because the mod rewrites xenforos default phrase "recent_activity" so on mod removal it deletes it entirely. Go to Appearance -> Language & Phrases -> Phrases and add a new phrase titled "recent_activity" with whatever string you want to replace it as.

9. Gopala Subramanium

Gopala Subramanium Active Member

Thankyou so much...i managed to correct it myself :)

10. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Active Member

I've got a problem that /forums is now not displaying anytime I go to the forum area I get redirected to the homepage.

So if I visit mysite.com/forums I end up at mysite.com

It's quite frustrating not being able to access the forum index part of the site. Any suggestions?

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This add-on is no longer required since 1.2.

Just set Options -> Basic Board Information -> Index Page Route as recent-activity/

Mikey likes this.
  12. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Does this simply force it to redirect to recent-activity/ or does it maintain the index URL (i.e mysite.com instead of mysite.com/recent-activity/)?

13. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It will be site.com/recent-activity.

14. jmurrayhead

Thanks. Bummer :/

15. Brogan

No, it won't be.

The URL will be your main board URL.

Amaury and oman like this.
  16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

When I click on Recent Activity, the URL is http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/. Wasn't he asking if he went to Recent Activity what the URL would be, basically?

17. jmurrayhead

No, I was asking, if I were to change the Index Page Route settings to /recent-activity, then browse to mysite.com, would it redirect to mysite.com/recent-activity/ or would it stay on mysite.com, but show the recent activity?

Amaury likes this.
  18. Brogan

It will show the board URL @jmurrayhead, the same as it does now if forums/ is set as the index page route.

Amaury likes this.
  19. jmurrayhead

Just tested it, it redirects to mysite.com/recent-activity/. Was there any changes to .htaccess from 1.1.x to 1.2.x that may affect that?

20. Brogan

Not that I am aware of.

It works fine on my localhost navigating to the forum root URL or clicking on the logo.