XFS Mobile [Deleted]

I notice that when I click on this, it will go to the last post or first unread post in a thread very briefly and jump right back to the first post of that page.
This seems like a bug that I report a while ago that when I click on the alert, it will take me to the first post of a thread instead of the post where I was quoted.

Thanks for your help.

Yes I have been able to reproduce the same problem.

Im having problems with the auto detection script. Is there a way to keep android tablets from being detected, while still detecting android phones?

Sure would be nice if the users could override the auto detection.

Outdated Templates
Outdated Templates
  • XFStop Mobile
    1. attachment_upload_button Custom Version: 1.1.2, Master Version: 1.1.3
    2. page_nav Custom Version: 1.1.2, Master Version: 1.1.3

Attachments

• error.webp
    error.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
Im having problems with the auto detection script. Is there a way to keep android tablets from being detected, while still detecting android phones?

Sure would be nice if the users could override the auto detection.

For the detection are you using the Mobile Detection or the Advanced Styling Rules?

I recommend Advanced Styling Rules and if you head over to his resource alex is pretty darn helpful.

For the detection are you using the Mobile Detection or the Advanced Styling Rules?

I recommend Advanced Styling Rules and if you head over to his resource alex is pretty darn helpful.

Russ,

Thanks for the update! I have a suggestion. For the alert page can you put the alerts at the top and the 'Your Account' info below them? That seems to make more sense because you would click the alert button to first see the alerts most of the time, not your account.

Very cool, thanks for the update. I can't attach images on my iPhone still (shows the PC dialog box asking for me to browse a PC file system with the Browse button grayed out) -- but I could've missed something or need to update my iphone.

Much appreciated on the quick update!

Hi Russ,
What was code change for the latest post jump issue? I still experience it on my Android phone with this latest version and with another child style of this which I'm using. If I change to the mobile style on my desktop PC, it seems to work correctly.

At work now but do you recall if the issue was there before on the desktop in 1.0.5?

Scratch that, just realized it is not fixed, could of sworn it was working on my board last night. Apologies, edited the 1.0.6 release, I'll look into it more, I suspect I have a feeling what it is.

Great resource. (y) I'm just wondering if users have the abilty to style the mobile themselves? I'm not sure whether i read correctly in that it's not possible and is part of an additional service just that I fancy taking a stab at styling it and really experimenting with it.

Excellent job Russ.

Edit: ignore above about the ability to style I installed the mobile style add-on and figured it out. There is one thing in the #mheader and I can't seem to find the option to change " Mobile Style" to my sites name though I might have mistaken the first paragraph that this could be the additional service you provide to change that.

Great resource. (y) I'm just wondering if users have the abilty to style the mobile themselves? I'm not sure whether i read correctly in that it's not possible and is part of an additional service just that I fancy taking a stab at styling it and really experimenting with it.

Excellent job Russ.

Edit: ignore above about the ability to style I installed the mobile style add-on and figured it out. There is one thing in the #mheader and I can't seem to find the option to change " Mobile Style" to my sites name though I might have mistaken the first paragraph that this could be the additional service you provide to change that.

Hey Shelley, thanks first off :), for the most part the style uses the main style properties to customize it* I say that loosely because if you go in-depth you'll find yourself using extra.css :).

Those settings can actually be found in the style properties too:

1. - Mobile Options Options controlling certain aspects of the Mobile Style
  2. - Mobile Header Style Properties controlling the header
  3. - Mobile Thread List/Post View Style Properties controlling the view of the thread listing and post view
You'll find that setting in Mobile Header Style properties, along with allowing you to easily link the text, change the bg color and the font color.

On a side note the additional service I offer is more just doing some basic customization, colors, icons, making it compatible with extra plugins you may have :), but I've tried to make this as easy as possible for anyone to come in and customize.

Hey Shelley, thanks first off :), for the most part the style uses the main style properties to customize it* I say that loosely because if you go in-depth you'll find yourself using extra.css :).

Those settings can actually be found in the style properties too:

1. - Mobile Options Options controlling certain aspects of the Mobile Style
  2. - Mobile Header Style Properties controlling the header
  3. - Mobile Thread List/Post View Style Properties controlling the view of the thread listing and post view
You'll find that setting in Mobile Header Style properties, along with allowing you to easily link the text, change the bg color and the font color.

On a side note the additional service I offer is more just doing some basic customization, colors, icons, making it compatible with extra plugins you may have :), but I've tried to make this as easy as possible for anyone to come in and customize.

Thanks for the info Russ, I sometimes forget there is actually a style properties. I did some looking around last night and tinkered with some stuff and I have to say you've done a great job with the mobile style.

Not sure whether this is an isolated instance on my part but the forum-read node icon is being clipped by about 2 px on the right hand side.

it was late last night so i'll be able to put more focus on this today and focus more on styling it and possibly moving the search back down to the footer :p I wondered why didn't russ put the search in the .mnav2 and after a while I turned the phone vertically and seen the issue and reason why :p But yeah, really good job russ with the whole thing. (y)

Top Bottom