XFS Mobile [Deleted]

This should be added to first post because some people are too slow to look for the change style link at the bottom and change to mobile.

Redirect to the mobile version using a sub-domain
Create a sub-domain of your choice, such as mydomain.com/m/ or mydomain.com/mobile
In the sub-domain create a php file called index.php with the following code in it:
Code:
<?php
header("Location: http://mydomain.com/misc/style?style_id=#");
?>
Of course point the mydomain.com to the install of your xenforo, and the # being the style number
*Shout out to Jake for this :)

Not sure if you'd want to do this but you could override the default portal style in the portal options. It should still retain the mobile detect on the actual forums still.
with the orverride options works.
How to logout?
I can't see a link for the homepage (I hide it in xenforo's options because was duplicated with xenporta), it's possible to have the centered string with the name of the website linking to the homepage?

This should be added to first post because some people are too slow to look for the change style link at the bottom and change to mobile.
Did you install the automatic redirect I listed in the resource manager? Makes it much easier than the redirect.

with the orverride options works.
How to logout?
I can't see a link for the homepage (I hide it in xenforo's options because was duplicated with xenporta), it's possible to have the centered string with the name of the website linking to the homepage?

Are you referring to having a link to the home page from the mobile style itself? As for logging out, there's a drop down menu on the top left of the mobile style, if this is what you're referring too.

Did you install the automatic redirect I listed in the resource manager? Makes it much easier than the redirect.

Are you referring to having a link to the home page from the mobile style itself? As for logging out, there's a drop down menu on the top left of the mobile style, if this is what you're referring too.
Some people don't want to be automatically directed. A subdomain gives members a one-click choice and they know they won't have to click on the style chooser or login just to keep the style selected.

Some people don't want to be automatically directed. A subdomain gives members a one-click choice and they know they won't have to click on the style chooser or login just to keep the style selected.

I can update the second post with the details, one thing if I remember correctly, the sub domain redirect would set the style preference so if they sign back into the computer, it would default back to the mobile style. It was really a work-around at the time until Cezz came out with the plugin. Just an FYI

I can update the second post with the details, one thing if I remember correctly, the sub domain redirect would set the style preference so if they sign back into the computer, it would default back to the mobile style. It was really a work-around at the time until Cezz came out with the plugin. Just an FYI
Okay. It works perfect for me because I don't have to change the style on my phone nor do I have to on my computer. My computer uses a regular forum style and my phone is bookmarked to the mobile style. I very rarely login from my phone.

Are you referring to having a link to the home page from the mobile style itself?
Yes
Okay. It works perfect for me because I don't have to change the style on my phone nor do I have to on my computer. My computer uses a regular forum style and my phone is bookmarked to the mobile style. I very rarely login from my phone.
Maybe It's ok for you but your forum users?

Yes

Maybe It's ok for you but your forum users?

You can edit mobile_navigation template as something like this:

Code:
<div class="mnav2">
<xen:if is="{$showHomeLink}">
<a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a> |
</xen:if>
<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}">{$tabs.forums.title}</a> |

You may have to remove the xenif and edit the hyperlink depending on your show options of the navigation tab for the portal.

This is going into the next version as well.

Russ, the only issue I have is the same as this one:

Hi Russ,
I have a bug & an idea:

1. Sub forum display bug (New thread boxes are still exist)
View attachment 25871

2. Idea: use mobile definition for doctype for page_container instead of using fixed 320x viewport.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.2//EN" "http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/xhtml-mobile12.dtd">
Then remove meta tag viewport (320px), This help many browsers with different resolutions can adjust width page automatically.

Thank you.

Has their been a fix to this, or some idea to prevent it from showing like that?

Russ, the only issue I have is the same as this one:

Has their been a fix to this, or some idea to prevent it from showing like that?
Yep as Dinh said next version will fix this he has been gracious enough to help me find bugs before this next release coming up soon

Next release sent off for testing :D, I'll have it updated on the RM hopefully later today.

Russ updated XFS Mobile Style with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes for XFS Mobile

1.0.2 Release Notes:
  • Categories correctly display
  • Pagination display fixed
  • DOCTYPE revised
  • Misc bugs
  • Home Link setup if checked in XenForo Options
  • Added XenPorta Home link option in Mobile Style Properties.

To install
  1. Upload xfsmobile folder directly into the styles directory
  2. Import XML
To update
  1. Import XML overriding existing XFS Mobile style(any customizations would be lost)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update Russ, I'm hoping for a deactivation option for XenPorta in the next updates :) Stil looks really messy with it..

Would you mind adding breadcrumbs to the next release for when you are reading a thread?

As well it seems my page takes a while to load. Is there a way to eliminate some more style elements and make it even faster?

Would you mind adding breadcrumbs to the next release for when you are reading a thread?

As well it seems my page takes a while to load. Is there a way to eliminate some more style elements and make it even faster?

In style properties I've set the place holder for an option to toggle the breadcrumb but I haven't redone the breadcrumb to make it mobile friendly yet, hopefully next version.

As for even more things, I through in an option to disable avatars in the thread listing, and for the next version i've thrown in an option to disable signatures as well.

You can find some Mobile Properties in the Style Properties -> Mobile Options

In style properties I've set the place holder for an option to toggle the breadcrumb but I haven't redone the breadcrumb to make it mobile friendly yet, hopefully next version.

As for even more things, I through in an option to disable avatars in the thread listing, and for the next version i've thrown in an option to disable signatures as well.

You can find some Mobile Properties in the Style Properties -> Mobile Options

the avatars are still showing up, and there seems to be this thing where all the text downloads and then the CSS is downloaded and applied to the text so ti makes it shift. any ideas?

ps - thanks for all the hard work!

the avatars are still showing up, and there seems to be this thing where all the text downloads and then the CSS is downloaded and applied to the text so ti makes it shift. any ideas?

ps - thanks for all the hard work!

Sorry, that option currently is only to disable the avatars in the thread_list view, basically the list of all the threads, not inside the thread itself.

Top Bottom