XF's greatest flaw...Skins.

No offense to skinners here but the only really great looking skins which work for a great variety of sites in my opinion are those from http://xenfocus.com, which is co-owned (I think) by Ehren.

Not the best comment Lucas... to each his own opinion and it's really not polite to bash other style makers when they're posting in the current thread.

No offense to skinners here but the only really great looking skins which work for a great variety of sites in my opinion are those from http://xenfocus.com, which is co-owned (I think) by Ehren.

No offense to the xenfocus owner but their skins have tons of problems ! I manage another site for my buddy who uses one of their skin and i am tired trying to find fix for problems i encounter . Lot of time it takes long time for official answer on their support site .

Only few skins i like are from xenique designed by Forsaken.

I don't think we will see much new skins/addon's around here from some good reputable coders anymore until lawsuit is over . Everyone has given up on the xen Devs here due to their silence.

No offense to the xenfocus owner but their skins have tons of problems ! I manage another site for my buddy who uses one of their skin and i am tired trying to find fix for problems i encounter . Lot of time it takes long time for official answer on their support site .

Only few skins i like are from xenique designed by Forsaken.

I don't think we will see much new skins/addon's around here from some good reputable coders anymore until lawsuit is over . Everyone has given up on the xen Devs here due to their silence.
Things weren't quite so bad till the fear mongering got out of hand. The rumors and general paranoia incited by some people creates more problems than the inactivity and lack of development.

As far as waiting for the developers, my stance is wait and see and go with my backup plan if things are the worst case scenario. I rather spend my time supplying support to clients and working on personal projects than coming up with theories and wasting my time.

The rumors and general paranoia incited by some people creates more problems than the inactivity and lack of development.
Right, exactly.

Of course, it plays into hand of some posters who shall rename nameless here, who find it in their interest to regurgitate fictitious paranoia, and drive people to their sites instead.

As far as waiting for the developers, my stance is wait and see and go with my backup plan if things are the worst case scenario. I rather spend my time supplying support to clients and working on personal projects than coming up with theories and wasting my time.
I don't think there's much chance for the worst-case scenario, even for the 'average' scenario (based on recently posted transcripts from the lawsuit), but I can understand it. Pulling in and waiting for the resolution is understandable. Trolls by other people, attempting to exploit the situation, are not. I figured I'd chip in to reign in the irrational paranoia and mongering that's oh-so-useful to certain posters.

Not the best comment Lucas... to each his own opinion and it's really not polite to bash other style makers when they're posting in the current thread.
Nobody bashed anyone. I gave my opinion, hence why the word opinion was included in my previous post.

IDGAF as long as one or two people like it I'm good. Some are good enough that people end up copying, remixing them into their own theme and requesting it on warez sites in where it's downloaded 3 x's as much as it is on here so I know I'm doing something right. You can complain that they look plain all you want but that's why I don't touch the templates in the first place, so that they remain plain enough to not require any template reverts during an upgrade.

Very nice points here, but i have no plans in getting back into skinning. I just simply cant. I work full time and go to school full time. Not to mention making time for my family and time for relaxing. Just aint in the cards any more. Plus too hard to manage support for them, especially when rippers just get it for free anyway. I can think of 2 sites right now that have almost every XF skin for free on their site, and even custom ones. Not to mention having all of my vBulletin skins ripped a few years ago, i received a few bucks off of 6 skins, not worth it.

BTW Ehren is one of the best IPB skinners around, and his XF skins are just ports of his IPB skins, none are purely made for XF and he has said, hes pretty much done with XF for now. There are some great skinners still around but with this going on, i dont blame them for putting it on hold.

Very nice points here, but i have no plans in getting back into skinning. I just simply cant. I work full time and go to school full time. Not to mention making time for my family and time for relaxing. Just aint in the cards any more. Plus too hard to manage support for them, especially when rippers just get it for free anyway. I can think of 2 sites right now that have almost every XF skin for free on their site, and even custom ones. Not to mention having all of my vBulletin skins ripped a few years ago, i received a few bucks off of 6 skins, not worth it.

BTW Ehren is one of the best IPB skinners around, and his XF skins are just ports of his IPB skins, none are purely made for XF and he has said, hes pretty much done with XF for now. There are some great skinners still around but with this going on, i dont blame them for putting it on hold.

There are equally as good designers on xenforo and I'm sure they will be back, in full force once the situation is layed to bed. There are still designers, stylers that are releasing perhaps not to your level of standard. The thing I find about some people is they don't base on preference but rather loyalty to <insert software here> which really does blind their judgment. Call it living in ignorance but it's certainly ones privilege to have, adopt this mindset even though I think it's personally, severally flawed in every sense of the word.

Like I suggested, if you can't find a style to your level of standards, design one, release one you'll be happy and the satisfaction you know you created something is indeed that, satisfying. (y)

Opinions are fine, actions speak louder than words I find.

XF's greatest flaw...Skins.
I disagree.

One of XF's greatest asset's is how easy it is to create skins, If your not happy with any of the free releases or stock skins from the resource manager then find someone who will create a custom skin for you. I know plenty of people who will design one for fairly cheap, Including myself.

I disagree.

One of XF's greatest asset's is how easy it is to create skins, If your not happy with any of the free releases or stock skins from the resource manager then find someone who will create a custom skin for you. I know plenty of people who will design one for fairly cheap, Including myself.
Could you help me out with a skin then? I pay. :)

A lot of the skins are messy and hard to read. I need a nice clean plain skin in a black dark tone. Anyone know any good ones, paid or free?

Have talks going with someone on here to do a skin for us, but am a little anxious would like to speed it up a bit. :)

If you make custom skins and have interest, please ping me.

A lot of the skins are messy and hard to read. I need a nice clean plain skin in a black dark tone. Anyone know any good ones, paid or free?

I'm building a dark style but i got thinking. 1999. I'm thinking throwing in several marquees, some clipart and damn if i don't include some incorrectly matted imagery. Interested? :LOL:

Reactions: Kim
I'm building a dark style but i got thinking. 1999. I'm thinking throwing in several marquees, some clipart and damn if i don't include some incorrectly matted imagery. Interested? :LOL:
Make sure the clip-art includes some "Under Construction" signs and you are all set. Bonus retro points for using the jackhammer guy. Ooooh, and a page view counter in the footer & some "Optimized for {browser}" images as well! :D

jackham.gif

Reactions: Kim
Make sure the clip-art includes some "Under Construction" signs and you are all set. Bonus retro points for using the jackhammer guy. Ooooh, and a page view counter in the footer & some "Optimized for {browser}" images as well! :D

View attachment 39843
And auto-playing irritating music... didn't we all discuss this on twitter? LOL

Top Bottom