• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] User Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to have tags or categories to organize pictures. So if I had forum about red, blue and green widgets, I would like to create different categories. EG a catgory for blue widgets, another for blue and red ones, etc. I want to be able to predefine the images or tags that can be chosen, so people dont upload pictures of orange widgets.

Hello...

@Pepelac
What is the state with the vbulletin Importer from (for user albums) ? Work is yet? An import is for a switch (and a donation ;) ) from vB (3.8.x) to XF very important ...

Two more minor bugs

In the template xfr_useralbums_image_comment, the line
Code:
<span class="item muted"><a href="{xen:link useraabums/image-comments, $imageComment}"><xen:datetime time="$imageComment.comment_date" /></a></span>
should be
Code:
<span class="item muted"><a href="{xen:link 'useralbums/image-comments', $imageComment}"><xen:datetime time="$imageComment.comment_date" /></a></span>
And line 38 of XfRu_UserAlbums_ReportHandler_Comment should be
Code:
'comment_id' => $comment['comment_id'],

A feature I would love to see is a small text beneath the preview pictures in forumhome, where it says who has uploaded and how many comments that has been made to each picture. Very practical :)

After seeing this mod in action, I have some requests.

1.| in "Profile > Albums" show first or recent image instead of avatar.

2.| add option to apply watermark. Easiest way would be to apply a div with the watermark image as the background, on top of the image using z-index. This will also make it more difficult to download/steal any photos(using right-click), but obliviously not impossible.

3.| encrypt image name or storage directory so that it cannot be located via source code.

I would strongly suggest that people can scroll to the next picture just by clicking on it (just as the normal behaviour with attachments). The small buttons are not particularly user friendly.

The current upscaling when clicking on pics should be done through a separate button.

I would strongly suggest that people can scroll to the next picture just by clicking on it (just as the normal behaviour with attachments). The small buttons are not particularly user friendly.

The current upscaling when clicking on pics should be done through a separate button.
This is the one of the biggest suggestions among my users. When the user reaches the end of the album, clicking the current image will automatically take them to the beginning again so they don't have to search for a back button.
Wonderful work Pepelac!

Very nice update Pepelac, thank you :)

Can anyone tell me where the full sized images are stored please? I can see where the thumbnails are but not the original images.

Thanks,
Renada :)

Any plans on adding highslide option or embedd the album into post pepelac? I'm planning to install this add-on, users have been asking....

it would be great if users could easily access their images when posting.
if it is decided to lightbox this or that it would be great to use the existing attachment templates so that i dont have to highslide two sets of templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom