• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] BoardNotices - advanced notice system

Pepelac

Advanced notice system which allows:
  1. Create multiply notices
  2. Show notices globally or in specific forums
  3. Show notices only to certain usergroups
  4. Shoe notices only to users, meeting criteria
  5. Send alerts to users, who can see notice
  6. Users can dismiss notice
Known issues:
  1. When JS is disabled, user will be redirected to forums list page after notice dismission or after sending alert.
  2. Sending alerts on big boards can be slow (depends on user count).
Is this add-on usefull for you? Consider a donation.

Attachments

YESS! Fantastic, glad to finally see this add-on released.
hapydancsmil.gif

A small bug: Notice -> Display settings -> Notice visibility: and phrase xfr_bn_show_in_selected_nodes is not set.

A few things...

On the "Display Settings" tab there is a spelling mistake "gorups" at the top in the group list...

Also, the date boxes at the bottom would look nicer with date selectors?

And as above there appears to be a missing phrase above the nodelist... "xfr_bn_show_in_selected_nodes"

But great addon, like it a lot.

Idea for future version, allow us to create our own CSS styling maybe?

A few things...

On the "Display Settings" tab there is a spelling mistake "gorups" at the top in the group list...

And as above there appears to be a missing phrase above the nodelist... "xfr_bn_show_in_selected_nodes"

I would imagine that you can throw all your css edits into the extra.css template to customise this to your own preference. I'll test this tonight and good job. (y)

A few things...

Just confirmation that you can style it. (shown here) http://www.bbsmiley.com/ if you just apply your css edits and move them to the extra.css template you'll be fine styling it. TBH I prefer that method it saves your style settings when the add-on is update unless they change the class which I see no reason why they should. :)

A suggestion Seen in the screenshot I think it would be nice if the notice appeared above where it says "BBsmiley" the .titleBar h1 rather than below it. Is this something you feel could be done? I also feel if you look at the "Send alert" text link if we can have the A in alert capitalised? it saves us editing the html templates and then re-editing when there's ever an upgrade. Thought I'd post these suggestion, exceptional work. (y)

I also feel that the double border around the vatar is not needed (although this can be done through css styling) I feel the avatars work out better displayed at 48px rather than the smaller size.

notice suggestion_1.webp

Top Bottom