1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] Birthdays

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by Pepelac, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Pepelac

Pepelac Well-Known Member

Add-on for XenForo Beta 5

Shows list of users, who have a birthday today in the sidebar.

What it can do
    Please, refer to attachments to see all possible settings ;)

opt_1_en.jpg opt_2_en.jpg hp_en.jpg list_en.jpg

I've made this if there already is the birthdays add-on?
    Because friend of mine, who need this block on his forum, asked me about some new options, which wasn't implemented in the Xen-TR Show Today's Birthday add-on; because that add-on requires a template edit to install it; and some other stuff...
    This is not a copy of the Xen-TR Show Today's Birthday add-on, it's written completely from the scratch.

• upload contents of the upload folder to your server (be careful, some file managers can replace content of the destination folder with the new content)
    • install add-on via control panel (use addon_XfRuBirthdays_EN.xml file)
    • play with the add-on settings ;)

Future plans
    Make an option to send (using cron) alerts to users, who have a birthday.

Attached Files:

Alien, Dan, Perspektif and 10 others like this.
  2. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Very, very nice! I like that it takes user's preferences into account. Spot on, man!
  3. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Well done, keep it up!
  4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Is there a template edit required. I set the settings and marked "Always Show" but it's not appearing.
  5. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

Template edit isn't required. Try without other plugins and with default style.
  6. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Still isn't working Romchik®. I'm using Flexile as default theme and have a lot of modifications. Is it just working on the default theme, without addons ?
  7. Pepelac

Pepelac Well-Known Member

Check your settings. If there in no problem in the settings, try to disable add-ons and see, if it will help.
    You can see at the screenshot, that this add-on works with the Flexile style (no template modifications were made after add-on installation). Second screenshot - settings, with them the first screenshot was made.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
    • 2-1.jpg
      File size:
      118.3 KB