• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] Birthdays

Pepelac

Add-on for XenForo Beta 5

Description
Shows list of users, who have a birthday today in the sidebar.

What it can do
Please, refer to attachments to see all possible settings ;)

opt_1_en.webp opt_2_en.webp hp_en.webp list_en.webp

Why
I've made this if there already is the birthdays add-on?
Because friend of mine, who need this block on his forum, asked me about some new options, which wasn't implemented in the Xen-TR Show Today's Birthday add-on; because that add-on requires a template edit to install it; and some other stuff...
This is not a copy of the Xen-TR Show Today's Birthday add-on, it's written completely from the scratch.

Installation
  • upload contents of the upload folder to your server (be careful, some file managers can replace content of the destination folder with the new content)
  • install add-on via control panel (use addon_XfRuBirthdays_EN.xml file)
  • play with the add-on settings ;)

Future plans
Make an option to send (using cron) alerts to users, who have a birthday.

Attachments

Is there a template edit required. I set the settings and marked "Always Show" but it's not appearing.

Template edit isn't required. Try without other plugins and with default style.

Still isn't working Romchik®. I'm using Flexile as default theme and have a lot of modifications. Is it just working on the default theme, without addons ?

Check your settings. If there in no problem in the settings, try to disable add-ons and see, if it will help.
You can see at the screenshot, that this add-on works with the Flexile style (no template modifications were made after add-on installation). Second screenshot - settings, with them the first screenshot was made.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2-1.webp
    2-1.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom