[OzzModz] XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload [Deleted]

Feel free to post here (or PM) a list of your theme/addons if you encounter issues. I'd like to establish a list of them which are confirmed to work 100% with XFOptimize. A few hundred of the most popular ones from here would be great :)
Thx for the great support. I haven't had the time to install your addon yet, so can't give any specific feedback yet. I'm glad that the relect favicon addon bug was fixed, since I also use it.

I don't use any themes luckily, so in that way I won't encounter any problems. But I use 2 javascript heavy addons, if you have time maybe you could take a look at them.

First of all many thanks for your focus at UI.X theme. 👏 As an UI.X user, you really make me happy.

I did a quick test. Here is some fast results.
The solutions are 1) authors implement more traditional syntax 2) Choose between the Remove all whitespace and newlines and Minify script tags, but not both if you encounter issues, or 3) The addon will patch these occurrances as they're reported.
Solution-2 works. Now I can select and use "Minify script" options without any problem if I select "Remove whitespace,keep newlines", which is really great (y)

I am not sure if this new patch version includes any improvement for "TH Nodes" Addon.
Those background styles should be automatically picked up. I will verify this and let you know.
According to https://pagespeed.web.dev/ test results, at mobile view I am sure the background styles does not automatically picked up.

Screenshot_1.jpg

So if I want to add this font as preconnect URLs:
fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Condensed:700|Roboto:400,400i,700,700i
youtube.com/s/player/10df06bb/www-widgetapi.vflset/www-widgetapi.js
Then I should only write into the field "fonts.googleapis.com" and "youtube.com"? I tried that, and the audit is still being complained about it blocking rendering.

Last edited:
I don't use any themes luckily, so in that way I won't encounter any problems. But I use 2 javascript heavy addons, if you have time maybe you could take a look at them.
[TH] Nodes being worked on, I'll check out Theead Filter!
I am not sure if this new patch version includes any improvement for "TH Nodes" Addon.
According to https://pagespeed.web.dev/ test results, at mobile view I am sure the background styles does not automatically picked up.
Being worked on right now.
So if I want to add this font as preconnect URLs:
fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Condensed:700|Roboto:400,400i,700,700
I haven't really explained Google Font usage yet, as honestly there's no native/ideal way of implementing custom Google Fonts in Xenforo yet, other than the myriad of template edits, template modifications, then how different styles or addons allow it. Some use legacy codes, some use the new Google method, some use Import...

I recommend the method given by Google itself now, which it started doing about a year ago with their new API:

HTML:
<link rel="preconnect" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com">
<link rel="preconnect" href="https://fonts.gstatic.com" crossorigin>
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Roboto:wght@400;500;700&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

This is exactly the code they'll supply after selecting your fonts. As you can see, they've already preconnected the necessary domains, so Google has moved to be ahead of the curve on this.

You should place this same format somewhere in the head of your document.

@Frode789 Also, you don't really have to do what you mentioned unless you're not using Automatic Preconnect Detection. That feature is the most accurate part of this addon, and as it nabs the final page source, it can pick up on 95-99% of external resources.

You can verify this by inspecting your HTML in browser console, then checking for the <link rel="preconnect"> tags for the domains in question.

Anyways, regarding Google Font implementation, I will likely release a small addon that adds a simple text field for inserting the proper code directly from Google Fonts website.

This one is pretty handy to add code to head...

This one is pretty handy to add code to head...
Thanks, yup that one can definitely work here for those who need a good solution. I'll likely still release the Google Fonts addon so it's clearly labeled as such for everyone to see.

Hi,

Does this addon work well for the default xenforo 2 style? I am getting lighthouse scores of around 90 already, do you think I can make it to 98 or even more?

Hi,

Does this addon work well for the default xenforo 2 style? I am getting lighthouse scores of around 90 already, do you think I can make it to 98 or even more?
It works very well with the default style as this style is already pretty clean and optimized! It's when you use more advanced styles, such as [TH] UI.X, that the style itself and its components overrides the effectiveness of the addon.

Hey everyone sorry for the delay with the new update, here's a summary of what's being wrapped up. Firstly, there's a lot of new changes aimed at UI.X, and also checks for DOHTheme styles.

Concerning UI.X, I'd like to state again that this is not the most ideal theme if you're looking for speed and scoring. That being said, there's now a recommendations panel which displays if UI.X style is detected, and explains which settings to make to have your style run smoother. There's a number of limitations as UI.X is so heavily modified, I can't even get my unreleased Iconify Buttons addon up for download because it won't run in UI.X (it would have been released otherwise).

[TH] Nodes support is also now in. XFOptimize will work with [TH] Nodes by doing the following: If node images use external links, those will now be preconnected. It will also preload the first X number of node images which is set via a new option.

I recommend not preloading more than the first four node images.

I've also added support for a number of other public addons here which will be detailed in the change-log. I am also adding specific support for XenPorta, and my addon XenPorta Improvements will also be geared for XFOptimize.

There's still some requests/questions here in the thread I am going over.

Hey everyone sorry for the delay with the new update, here's a summary of what's being wrapped up. Firstly, there's a lot of new changes aimed at UI.X, and also checks for DOHTheme styles.
No problem ;) I am happy to wait this new version with lots of update 🥰 Many thanks for your great work 👍

Last edited:
I've also added support for a number of other public addons here which will be detailed in the change-log. I am also adding specific support for XenPorta, and my addon XenPorta Improvements will also be geared for XFOptimize.

Awesome.... :D

There's a number of limitations as UI.X is so heavily modified, I can't even get my unreleased Iconify Buttons addon up for download because it won't run in UI.X (it would have been released otherwise).
May I suggest that you release it, with stating clearly that it doesn't work with UI.X skins?

It looks interesting from name alone, and there's a lot of people that don't bother with UI.X skins. And, if you later solve these problems, you can release new version that would work.

You know, work on a software is never done, and waiting too long that everything is perfect ... it just means that you will never release anything.

May I suggest that you release it, with stating clearly that it doesn't work with UI.X skins?
You assume people actually read instructions and disclaimers :)

I have purchased one copy for one of my smaller sites and will be purchasing a 2nd for my large site (12m posts). I do note that your current system doesn't tie you into a per-site license...might be something to consider.

Great add on. I am running UI.X and UI.X Dark for my styles.

Some users are reporting seeing "later_today_at_x" instead of the date and time in some messages.

Searching for a solution to this here in Xenforo.COM it seems I am not the only one having the issue, and it seems related to this add on, which I do not see reported here in the this thread, so figured I would pass it along. :) https://xenforo.com/community/threads/i-keep-seeing-later_today_at_x-how-can-i-fix-that.189714/

This add on has made my site so snappy, other than this minor thing its amazing, thanks!

i had that issue. disabled the high risk minify option to fix it.

Top Bottom