XFMG Media Of The Month Competition - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

Shouldn't the voting only start after submission phase has ended? Or am I missing something, because seems like people are able to vote before the submission phase.

The voting start after the submission phase, it's what the quoted sentence says.
So that's fine.

Hi @Allan
i'm sorry for this stupid question but....i purchased addon but i don't understand how can i use this.... :(
How the users can upload photo in album and where is the monthly album...?

[EDIT] Ok, i solved, i run manually the cron for this month :) Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Allan
i'm sorry for this stupid question but....i purchased addon but i don't understand how can i use this.... :(
How the users can upload photo in album and where is the monthly album...?

[EDIT] Ok, i solved, i run manually the cron for this month :) Thanks

Yeah it's logical, the cron normally runs automatically at the start of the month therefore without manual activation it was too late for this month.

But perhaps I could add an option to select the day of the month on which to start the competition.

Hi guys,
I'm so glad I found this addon. It looks like it will save me a major headache. I run bi-weekly photo contests for a bit of fun on my forums, I'm having to create multiple threads and votes and announcements - after 2 years of doing this every two weeks I think I'm gradually going mad!

I'm doing a overhaul of my site and this will be a big part. Thanks very much for the addon, will be purchasing it soon!

Hi guys,
I'm so glad I found this addon. It looks like it will save me a major headache. I run bi-weekly photo contests for a bit of fun on my forums, I'm having to create multiple threads and votes and announcements - after 2 years of doing this every two weeks I think I'm gradually going mad!

I'm doing a overhaul of my site and this will be a big part. Thanks very much for the addon, will be purchasing it soon!

Thanks ! :) Though currently this one is rather monthly than bi-weekly.
But I will perhaps consider making the delay configurable in some next release.

Any chance of making a widget for the Widget Framework?

Yes it is possible (@Allan please add it to the list ;))

And I'm still waiting for the user criteria for trophies! :)

I am currently working on RM MarketPlace, Media of The Month is the next on the list.
You have to be a lil' patient ;)

Clément

Seeing it's due an overhaul on my end anyway, I could just change it to a monthly schedule

Yes it is possible (@Allan please add it to the list ;))

I am currently working on RM MarketPlace, Media of The Month is the next on the list.
You have to be a lil' patient
;)

Clément

Just excited, is all. =)! Glad to hear that it'll soon be a feature.

That does seem hard to do and very specific.

What could do is make it an option so that it includes images as links rather than BBCode.

@MtoR quick question. After the addon makes the monthly gallery, is it safe to change the title of that gallery? Basically I have a different topic every month, so I want the title to show that.

Request: Due to my issue above, is it possible to add in the ability to set the naming months in advance so that I don't have to go back in and change all the titles every time.
As an example, you can see how I plan out a year's worth of these at the start of the year here:
http://www.pixelatedphotographer.com/index.php?threads/2015-challenges.1535/

@MtoR quick question. After the addon makes the monthly gallery, is it safe to change the title of that gallery? Basically I have a different topic every month, so I want the title to show that.

Request: Due to my issue above, is it possible to add in the ability to set the naming months in advance so that I don't have to go back in and change all the titles every time.
As an example, you can see how I plan out a year's worth of these at the start of the year here:
http://www.pixelatedphotographer.com/index.php?threads/2015-challenges.1535/

Someone already asked that to me, I'll make 12 options permitting to select in advance the names.
They could be changed without impacting already existing names, options would just be used at creation.

I gather the voting and trophy icon appears only after the voting period has begun, right?

Yes indeed.

This addon is definitely promising and when it has some more features I'll purchase it such as:
  • Trophy criteria
  • Thread creation on start
  • Notice to publicise comp
  • Naming different themes for comps in advance (perhaps even show "next months comp theme/subject will be...")
  • Limit entries per member
  • Set date/day of month to run
Well done on creating MOTM as it does fill an obvious gap in XFMG features and I'm looking forward to using it!

• Trophy criteria

Implemented in upcoming version.

• Thread creation on start

Implemented in upcoming version.

• Notice to publicise comp

If you meant being able to add notices in MOTM albums, implemented in upcoming version.

• Naming different themes for comps in advance (perhaps even show "next months comp theme/subject will be...")

If you have notices, what is the point of this feature ?

• Limit entries per member

Not implemented so far, there is no easy way to limit number of items on a per album basis in XF MediaGallery...

• Set date/day of month to run

Along with the number of days to participate and number of days to vote ?

Top Bottom