MG 1.1 XFMG - Limit Users Ability To Create Albums With Everyone Ability To Add Photos?

ProCom

I was testing XFMG and noticed that a bunch of my members have created albums with the access to allow anyone to add pics to their albums.

This is resulting in a bit of a mess when new members are looking to add pictures to their own albums and they see a list of a ton of random albums from other users.

Is there a way to limit the ability for only certain user-groups to create "everyone" permission albums?

If not, is it possible to remove the ability to create "everyone" albums for all members. I can't imagine there being much need for collaborative albums, and removing them will reduce confusion and complexity.

There is a permission, "Change add permission of album by self" that allows members to change album add permissions, so only giving that to certain user groups will solve this, (unless you are wanting them to be able to allow some other people to also be able to add to their albums).

Note that there is also a moderator permission, "Change add permission of album by anyone", so ensure this is given to only those who need it.

Finally, make sure that the "Default Album Add Permission" is set to Owner Only (and now Everyone) - use the ACP search to find this.

There is a permission, "Change add permission of album by self" that allows members to change album add permissions, so only giving that to certain user groups will solve this, (unless you are wanting them to be able to allow some other people to also be able to add to their albums).

Note that there is also a moderator permission, "Change add permission of album by anyone", so ensure this is given to only those who need it.

Finally, make sure that the "Default Album Add Permission" is set to Owner Only (and now Everyone) - use the ACP search to find this.

Thanks for the tip! So now the question for us (and probably the OP), is, how do we "revert" those hundreds of publicly-uploadable albums that are clogging our "add media" drop-down menu? I bet there's a database query for that... ;)

In fact, it should be rather do-able. Just have put into the right syntax:

"In table "xengallery_album_permission", where "permission = add" and "access_type=public" , set "access_type" to "private";

I'll work on the above, unless a mysql nut wants to hash it out for us :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom