xffan.nl | Xenforo Fan Community

Why did you choose the .nl domain extension when your forum is in English and is intended for the whole world ?
Because im from holland, and I like the .nl extension. So not really any special reasonfs for it :)
Have you installed any addons at all? You can now, right?
Yes, i have installed different addons and it works like a charm. Installing and upgrading addons is very fast.

I think you need something to make your site unique.
Right now, everything I see is already available on the main XF site, with a lot more audience.
So ask yourself, why would people post on your site, instead of the official community?
You will need to have something special to offer, like better tutorials, instruction video's, free add-on's, etc..

1. Start by removing the advertisements, frankly how much will it bring you in view of your audience compared to the inconvenience caused to your rare visitors?
  2. Apart from the discussions created by the XenForo RSS feed, you have created 13 discussions in 3 months!! You are not offering any added value to what can be found here on XenForo.
  3. Your site is Dutch, isn't it? Why not dedicate it to the Dutch community using your native language, offer Dutch translations of native and third-party add-ons, etc..
You won't get anywhere if you continue down this path. Creating a new community takes a lot of work and you don't seem to be doing much. Sorry if this offends you but that's how I feel browsing your forum.

1. Start by removing the advertisements, frankly how much will it bring you in view of your audience compared to the inconvenience caused to your rare visitors?
  2. Apart from the discussions created by the XenForo RSS feed, you have created 13 discussions in 3 months!! You are not offering any added value to what can be found here on XenForo.
  3. Your site is Dutch, isn't it? Why not dedicate it to the Dutch community using your native language, offer Dutch translations of native and third-party add-ons, etc..
You won't get anywhere if you continue down this path. Creating a new community takes a lot of work and you don't seem to be doing much. Sorry if this offends you but that's how I feel browsing your forum.
Hi @nicodak ,

Thank you for your honest oppinion, as i''m thinking and being busy considering of a whole change of the community indeed I indeed didn't do as much as only updating my addons.

I'm considering to rebuild the whole forum with another input in it, because indeed the community for Xenforo is already here and difficult to move or to replicate in a certain way.

Greetz,
Alex

Wow, what a speed. Impressed!

I'm considering to rebuild the whole forum with another input in it, because indeed the community for Xenforo is already here and difficult to move or to replicate in a certain way.
Agree. Go your way, find some unique content. And go with your local language. This might help a lot because your country is not so small.

And yes, remove ads, especially now that you don't have enough traffic.

But do not imagine that you will succeed in creating a community and an active forum in a few weeks, it is months and months of work, probably more than a year, before obtaining results which will satisfy you and reward your hard work...

Hard work, patience and dedication are the qualities required for this type of project.

Top Bottom