[xfCrowd] NotePad

[xfCrowd] NotePad 1.3

No permission to download

Roka

kalco submitted a new resource:

[xfCrowd] NotePad - Remind yourself every time when you login on forum.

Description:
Remember your information to your forum. Easy to use, with two clicks you can save your important notes, which are shown in the sidebar under visitor panel.

Features:
  • Allow BBcode (included: smile, images, links...).
  • Option to set maximum limit for notes and messages to show when user has not own content.
  • Permission to use/view notepad for each user group.
  • All content write on database.
Installation:
  1. Download...

Read more about this resource...

Great add on, I suggest to make it clickable like Windows sidebar sticky notes
The user can click on the notes sidebar to edit his notes with a link for the advance editor.

I like the idea behind this, thank you for sharing it. =)

I do have a few suggestions, I hope you don't mind.

1) Make the sidebar display optional per usergroup
2) If the sidebar display is displayed, make the title clickable for editing
3) Possible floating options (like the xF notices), tuck it out of the way in some way, maybe even let each user save the position of it.

Anyway, all just suggestions (although the first one I'd really like to see done!). Again, nice work and thank you!

I have add this to xfc_notepad_sidebar template

Code:
<div class="secondaryContent">
<li><a href="{xen:link account/notepad}" class="optionEditLink OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase xfc_notepad_title}</a></li>
</div>

just after:

Code:
<xen:else />{xen:raw $notes}</xen:if>

</div>

This will add a link in the notepad sidebar to quickly edit your notes ;-)

EDIT: hope you dont mind I did this?

Last edited:
Or you can change this:

Code:
<h3><xen:if is="{$title} == '' ">{$xenOptions.xfc_notepad_defaultTitle}
   <xen:else />{$title}</xen:if></h3>

into this:

Code:
<h3><a href="{xen:link account/notepad}" class="optionEditLink OverlayTrigger"><xen:if is="{$title} == '' ">{$xenOptions.xfc_notepad_defaultTitle}
   <xen:else />{$title}</xen:if></a></h3>

This will make the notes sidebar title clickable to edit your notes.

You can find this in the xfc_notepad_sidebar template

Hi,

I am following the instructions exactly, but when I go to click install, this error message occurs when I go to upload the addon-xfc_notepad.xml file:

Error
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Please advise.

That is probably what I did wrong. Would you be able to install this for me? I seem to be a bit challenged with the installation process.

After upgrading i have this error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'title' in 'field list' in /home/***/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XFCrowd/NotePad/Model/NotePad.php at line 24
  6. XFCrowd_NotePad_Model_NotePad->getNotesTitleForUser() in XFCrowd/NotePad/Listener.php at line 42
  7. XFCrowd_NotePad_Listener::templateHook()
  8. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  9. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
  10. XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in /home/***/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.32,L.1,PAGE_CONTAINER.php at line 20587
  11. include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
  12. XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
  13. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  14. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 139
  15. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
  16. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/***/public_html/index.php at line 13

After upgrading i have this error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'title' in 'field list' in /home/***/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XFCrowd/NotePad/Model/NotePad.php at line 24
  6. XFCrowd_NotePad_Model_NotePad->getNotesTitleForUser() in XFCrowd/NotePad/Listener.php at line 42
  7. XFCrowd_NotePad_Listener::templateHook()
  8. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  9. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
  10. XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in /home/***/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.32,L.1,PAGE_CONTAINER.php at line 20587
  11. include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
  12. XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
  13. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  14. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 139
  15. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
  16. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/***/public_html/index.php at line 13

I'll give you fix

Top Bottom