[XFA] Tournament - XF2

[XFA] Tournament - XF2 [Paid] 3.5.3

No permission to buy (€40.00)
Hello,

I am interested in this add-on, but I have a few questions. I have checked out the demo on your website and noticed a few issues:

1. I created a new tournament, but I don't appear to be able to register for it myself on the main tournaments listing page. I have to manually add myself from the Edit Tournament screen. Is this intended - I didn't set it as a private tournament? Actually, there is only one tournament I can register for - perhaps this is a permissions issue?

2. The tournament listing page displays tournaments listed by oldest first by default including closed tournaments. Can this be set to list by open tournaments by default? None of the 4 sorting options even put open tournaments at the top first.

3. The "Register" button on the tournaments listing page is fine - but the Unregister is broken:

tourn1.webp

4. Are you planning on setting up a XF2 demo, as there are several new features, and some of the above may even be resolved.

Many thanks! It looks awesome, so I hope to purchase it soon :)

1. I created a new tournament, but I don't appear to be able to register for it myself on the main tournaments listing page. I have to manually add myself from the Edit Tournament screen. Is this intended - I didn't set it as a private tournament? Actually, there is only one tournament I can register for - perhaps this is a permissions issue?

Hum no you can register to your own tournaments.
Not sure it's the latest version installed on our forum so maybe an old bug.
In the xF2 version, it's fixed for sure.

2. The tournament listing page displays tournaments listed by oldest first by default including closed tournaments. Can this be set to list by open tournaments by default? None of the 4 sorting options even put open tournaments at the top first.

The following are possible:
Capture d’écran 2018-08-12 à 10.33.25.webp

3. The "Register" button on the tournaments listing page is fine - but the Unregister is broken:

View attachment 181418

Maybe a glitch with our style.
In xF2 that would be solved as we are using xF new button tag.

4. Are you planning on setting up a XF2 demo, as there are several new features, and some of the above may even be resolved.

In the close future no, we have to work on our xF2 migration first but this is not in our top priority as porting add-ons is more important for us right now.

Last edited:
Hey again. So I've been playing with this on my test website - I can tell it's going to be great when I go live with it!

Just a couple of odd issues. First, I tested a double elimination tournament and entered all the details, but the wrong winner was displayed at the end:

tourn2.webp

I checked this on the Round Robin, and it works correctly there and even updates if I change the results.

When I went to run this test again, I got the following error after adding the participants and trying to generate the matches:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 0 in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Entity/Bracket.php at line 41
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Entity/Bracket.php at line 41
XFA\Tournament\Entity\Bracket->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1145
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Pub/Controller/Tournament.php at line 976
XFA\Tournament\Pub\Controller\Tournament->actionGenerateMatches() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Thanks for any help :)

Hey again. So I've been playing with this on my test website - I can tell it's going to be great when I go live with it!

Thanks, don't hesitate to leave a review if you like it.

Just a couple of odd issues. First, I tested a double elimination tournament and entered all the details, but the wrong winner was displayed at the end:

View attachment 181441

I checked this on the Round Robin, and it works correctly there and even updates if I change the results.

In double elimination with third place match or both configuration ?
You tried single elimination ?

It's odd as this code is unchanged from xF1 and never had issues reported.

When I went to run this test again, I got the following error after adding the participants and trying to generate the matches:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 0 in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Entity/Bracket.php at line 41
XFA\Tournament\Entity\Bracket->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1145
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Pub/Controller/Tournament.php at line 976
XFA\Tournament\Pub\Controller\Tournament->actionGenerateMatches() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249

Just when generating the bracket or upon scores input ?

Did you input scores in the matches generation ?

In double elimination with third place match or both configuration ?
You tried single elimination ?

I tested single elimination, and that appeared to work correctly. So I re-ran the test on double elimination and it again awarded the wrong winner:

tourn3.webp

Just when generating the bracket or upon scores input ?
Did you input scores in the matches generation ?

The error message occurred when generating the bracket - the player names filled in, but when I clicked Confirm I got the error. I have deleted this tournament now and I haven't seen the error again, so I'm not sure what could have caused it.

Edit to add:

One other small issue - the category widget doesn't update correctly when a tournament is deleted. For example:

tourn4.webp

This is showing there are 16 tournaments but during my testing I have deleted several, so there were only infact about 7. It would be great if this would update to keep an accurate count :)

Last edited:
I think I might have a clue for you to resolve this. It seems that whoever wins the first match before the finals will be declared the winner, regardless of the final match result:

tourn5.webp

This is the same tournament, I just resubmitted the results. In the top image, Redh wins the first match against Dia 2 - 1, but loses the final 1 - 2. However Redh is still declared the winner of the tournament.

In the bottom image, Dia wins the first match 1 - 0, but loses the final match 1 - 2. However Dia is still declared the winner.

This also holds true for the two previous images I posted illustrating this error.

I hope this helps!

Hum, the bracket itself is odd, I am not sure to understand why there is two similar matches, ie. Redh and Dia fighting two times by the end.

Hum, the bracket itself is odd, I am not sure to understand why there is two similar matches, ie. Redh and Dia fighting two times by the end.

I assume it's a bracket reset? This is quite normal in esports tournaments... but you wrote the code :p

Hey again, just a quick question. When a new tournament is created, and the option to create a new forum thread is enabled, it cuts off the tournament description after ~500 characters in the thread quote. How can I make it include the entire description even if it is longer? I have already edited the phrases to restyle this as a full forum post, and not a quote.

Thanks!

Please could you check on your end whether you are able to generate matches for a Single Elimination - with consolation tournament? I keep getting the following error:

Code:

I think I might have a clue for you to resolve this. It seems that whoever wins the first match before the finals will be declared the winner, regardless of the final match result:

View attachment 181499

This is the same tournament, I just resubmitted the results. In the top image, Redh wins the first match against Dia 2 - 1, but loses the final 1 - 2. However Redh is still declared the winner of the tournament.

In the bottom image, Dia wins the first match 1 - 0, but loses the final match 1 - 2. However Dia is still declared the winner.

This also holds true for the two previous images I posted illustrating this error.

I hope this helps!

I confirmed that bug as well.

First thing, is I removed the secondary final, which was unwanted, if you feel it should be there as an option, feel free to open a thread here:
https://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?forums/add-ons-support.123/

Second thing, I gotta review my code to make that work, will release a new version somewhere end of week.

First thing, is I removed the secondary final, which was unwanted, if you feel it should be there as an option, feel free to open a thread here:
https://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?forums/add-ons-support.123/.

It is a fairly standard thing for online tournaments with a losers bracket where if someone loses a match and then makes it to the final, they have to beat the winners bracket finalist twice, as otherwise both teams have only lost once. It's called a bracket reset. However, I'm not bothered about having it or not - makes the finals too long in my opinion anyway! :)

XFA updated [XFA] Tournament - XF2 with a new update entry:

Maintenance release

Corrected bugs:
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 0 in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Entity/Bracket.php at line 41 when generating Single elimination with consolation matches
  • Incorrect winner award in some case for double elimination tournaments
  • Category tournament count incremented and last update not changed after Tournament deletion

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have installed the latest version, and there are some more problems I'm afraid.

1. Running the update has overwritten my Public Navigation changes, my Development > Route changes, and also overwritten my phrase changes. It has also overwritten my usergroup permission changes!! Please ensure this doesn't happen with each update!

2. When you click Generate Matches for Double Elimination, you only get a confirm button - you don't get the matches preview. However if you cancel the page and click Generate Matches again you get the full preview as normal. You cannot generate matched for Single Elimination - you just get a blank page, and it doesn't work at all.

3. For Double Elimination, the winner is declared before the final match takes place, the result is also posted to the forum. See below:

tourn6.webp

I haven't tested the other modes yet.

4. The total number of tournaments is adding 1 to the total. So I have 14 test tournaments, however it is displaying 15.

Last edited:
Top Bottom