[XFA] New Thread From Index

[XFA] New Thread From Index 1.0.0

No permission to download
I think we are talking here in terms of weeks, free products are as you can imagine not in our top priority list but will for sure be updated that's our policy.
Great, Clement, that was all I needed to know as we start our new forums in july (y)

Nice share.
Is there any way to make it a global button? Having it on the forum index only is great - but for consistency - shouldn't the button show in the same location on all forum pages? If not - consider it a suggestion then :D

Thanks again for the share!

J.

Great, Clement, that was all I needed to know as we start our new forums in july (y)

I think I might have forgotten that, warn me back by the end of the month if I have not done it.

Nice share.
Is there any way to make it a global button? Having it on the forum index only is great - but for consistency - shouldn't the button show in the same location on all forum pages? If not - consider it a suggestion then :D

Thanks again for the share!

J.

On some pages, there are already buttons at this location so the answer is no it can't be done, and on many pages it wouldn't make sense.
The goal here is to provide a quick access from the front page.

I think I might have forgotten that, warn me back by the end of the month if I have not done it.

On some pages, there are already buttons at this location so the answer is no it can't be done, and on many pages it wouldn't make sense.
The goal here is to provide a quick access from the front page.
I was just *thinking* out loud in terms of matching the functionality offered by WMTech's Create New Thread Global add-on... It would be nice to have those options. Or the option to place the button on a select number of pages, as selected via AdminCP options. Just a thought :)

J.

My goal with this add-on was to fullfill one of my customer's need so I implemented what was necessary for him.

I don't think I'll consider enhancing the features or at least not in a short time frame.

Clément

My goal with this add-on was to fullfill one of my customer's need so I implemented what was necessary for him.

I don't think I'll consider enhancing the features or at least not in a short time frame.

Clément
okay. Thanks for the consideration and the share just the same ;)

J.

3 weeks down the road - times Up, @MtoR ;)

But to be honest, I really need this sidebar thing.

Yes but I have been rethinking this and the more I do the more it makes no sense to integrate this to the add-on.

The add-on is called new thread on index, and you want it as widget in sidebar, which is not anymore something that would be on index.

Yes but I have been rethinking this and the more I do the more it makes no sense to integrate this to the add-on.

The add-on is called new thread on index, and you want it as widget in sidebar, which is not anymore something that would be on index.
Are you kidding me? First you tell me it´s coming, now you say it won´t - because of the title?! And even this "argument" would fail as it would be up to the enduser to only show that sidebar widget on index, as we do with the whole sidebar. Honestly, that sounds like a sorry a.. excuse I have to read more and more here at xf.com by addon authors. Promising stuff, dissapearing in silence and when asked revoking all for a [you-name-it] reason - and I´m so f...ing sick of that.

Are you granting a refund, as for us UI.X users your mod is useless?

Are you granting a refund, as for us UI.X users your mod is useless?

A refund for a free add-on o_O ?

Are you kidding me? First you tell me it´s coming, now you say it won´t - because of the title?! And even this "argument" would fail as it would be up to the enduser to only show that sidebar widget on index, as we do with the whole sidebar. Honestly, that sounds like a sorry a.. excuse I have to read more and more here at xf.com by addon authors. Promising stuff, dissapearing in silence and when asked revoking all for a [you-name-it] reason - and I´m so f...ing sick of that.

I tell you I would do it but didn't clearly look at the work needed to be done to integrate that feature, especially if it comes to having it on all pages.

However, if really you need it only on forumhome, then there is almost nothing to do, just create a widget based on html or template and put the following in it:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link 'misc/xfa-create-thread'}" class="callToAction OverlayTrigger"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a>

If the callToAction class doesn't fill right in your style, just put the class that would fits the most in your style.

The above code will only work on index.

Hey the Resource's home page says:

Install/Uninstall instructions
The readme is available HERE.
But when you click "HERE" you get an error page at your website. And I don't see this mod listed there at all.

Can you please clarify.

Top Bottom