[XFA] Extended Cover

[XFA] Extended Cover [Paid] 5.0.0 Beta 3

No permission to buy (€30.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Extended Cover - Bring customization to a new level with cover image in thread/forum/profile/RM/MG (Facebook like)

Requirements
  • XenForo > 2.0
  • [XFA] Core > 1.5.5

Note:
Please note this version is a Beta version.

Some features from XF1 version aren't (or partially) implemented yet
  • Responsive mode
  • Target url
  • Upgrade from XF1 version
[COLOR=rgb(235, 107...[/quote]

Read more about this resource...

No stable release planed yet
I need more feedback on this version before release stable version
Only upgrade from XF1 and some stuff aren’t implemented on this version

No stable release planed yet
I need more feedback on this version before release stable version
Only upgrade from XF1 and some stuff aren’t implemented on this version
If upgrade from xf1 are implemented then it would be easy to test profile covers and provide feedback.
We do not use thread/forum/addon covers. Is it possible to globally remove/hide settings for the rest of the covers? The xf1 version had a mass of settings we never use cluttering up the admincp. If its not possible then please consider an option for this.

I tried to purchase an upgrade from xf1 version to the xf2 version. But I do not see how. I only see an option to purchase a new license for the full price. I read on your site that it should

If upgrade from xf1 are implemented then it would be easy to test profile covers and provide feedback.
We do not use thread/forum/addon covers. Is it possible to globally remove/hide settings for the rest of the covers? The xf1 version had a mass of settings we never use cluttering up the admincp. If its not possible then please consider an option for this.

I tried to purchase an upgrade from xf1 version to the xf2 version. But I do not see how. I only see an option to purchase a new license for the full price. I read on your site that it should

Hi
Upgrade is not implemented, i will do it when i will have enough feedback
For options i have split them in differents group but if needed i can split them more

For purchase we have dedicated section for upgrade from xf1 in our forum

Regards

It seems that all settings were imported from xf1. The only thing not imported are the covers.

I like the options much better now. :) There's still a lot of usergroup permissions that I will never use.
I encountered this error:
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in src/addons/XFA/ExtendedCover/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 78

XF::handlePhpError()
    count() in src/addons/XFA/ExtendedCover/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 78
    XFA\ExtendedCover\XF\Entity\Thread->getCoverParams() in src/addons/XFA/ExtendedCover/Listener.php at line 45
    XFA\ExtendedCover\Listener::postDispatchThread()
    call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 50
    XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2648
    XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php at line 286
    XF\Mvc\Controller->postDispatch() in src/addons/SV/UserActivity/UserActivityInjector.php at line 69
    SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->postDispatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 343
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Where do you prefer your bug reports?

It seems that all settings were imported from xf1. The only thing not imported are the covers.

I like the options much better now. :) There's still a lot of usergroup permissions that I will never use.
I encountered this error:
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in src/addons/XFA/ExtendedCover/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 78

XF::handlePhpError()
    count() in src/addons/XFA/ExtendedCover/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 78
    XFA\ExtendedCover\XF\Entity\Thread->getCoverParams() in src/addons/XFA/ExtendedCover/Listener.php at line 45
    XFA\ExtendedCover\Listener::postDispatchThread()
    call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 50
    XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2648
    XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php at line 286
    XF\Mvc\Controller->postDispatch() in src/addons/SV/UserActivity/UserActivityInjector.php at line 69
    SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->postDispatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 343
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Where do you prefer your bug reports?

Hi
If possible on our forum please

Regards

@vplusasia also reported it back in February.

Please add it to your github tracker.
I dont think this addon is compatible with PHP7.2/7.3

This is probably something that can be reproduced/fixed fairly quickly, I would have thought @Fredxd?

Newer versions of PHP will now trigger a warning if the count() function is used on a variable that is not an array, or not an object that implements Countable.

So you just need to look at the code indicated in the error where count is used, and figure out why the data being passed in isn't an array/Countable, or take steps to make sure it always is.

Hi @Chris D,

Thanks for your reply.
I know issue and i know how to solve it. I have just forgot it. I have lot of work outside Xenforo so it's hard to conciliate both ( you know ;) ).
Anyway i have look and solve issue.

I just setup new Xenforo on PHP7.3, in order to try new version of this addon. So i think i will can release fix during the week ;)

Just to be sure I understood this correctly - you can set which category (node) this addon will work in, but can you set it so that users can control their own cover image in their own threads, and only in their own threads. I am guessing Yes, but asking anyway.

Just to be sure I understood this correctly - you can set which category (node) this addon will work in, but can you set it so that users can control their own cover image in their own threads, and only in their own threads. I am guessing Yes, but asking anyway.

Yes it’s right

Hi Fred,

We have had this add-on in our forum for many years with XF1. We are upgrading now to XF2 now and need this add-on desperately. Is this continuing to be developed and upgraded with fixes? We would love to buy now and implement on our development site before going live with XF2.

T J Tutor
GM/Admin
AffiliateFix

Hi Fred,

We have had this add-on in our forum for many years with XF1. We are upgrading now to XF2 now and need this add-on desperately. Is this continuing to be developed and upgraded with fixes? We would love to buy now and implement on our development site before going live with XF2.

T J Tutor
GM/Admin
AffiliateFix

Yes i plan to upgrade it soon, actually there are not lot of bugs reported so you can use it
By cons i don’t plan yet to add upgrade script for XF1 version

The way I understand this then is that this is a clean install and not an upgrade. How will we transfer all of the current covers and settings in use on XF1 to XF2 with this add-on?

Does this mean the add-on will not do the database changes of XenForo 1 to XenForo 2, will the existing covers work in that case?

Top Bottom