[XFA] Extended Cover

[XFA] Extended Cover [Paid] 4.2.9

No permission to buy (€8.00)
I am reading the posts here, not done yet. But I want something like this for my forums.

Question, I use Snogs Discussion Group addon. Is there a way to make this work with discussion groups.

I am reading the posts here, not done yet. But I want something like this for my forums.

Question, I use Snogs Discussion Group addon. Is there a way to make this work with discussion groups.

Not actually
I support only xenforo official addon and our addon.
If you really need this feature you can request quote for custom development on our forum ;)

Reactions: CTS
Thank you. I may do that.

I will purchase the mod this weekend and get it setup. I like the concept that much.

Afterwards I may be in touch about that.

Appreciate the reply.

Purchased and installed today.

Having a problem getting to operate properly though.

I reviewd the settings, and the permission masks. Setup for testing as admin, no other usergroups allowed yet.

Link shows up on my profile page, clicked it, went to upload image page, and after aelecting an image, it attempted to download. Then an error popped up saying a problem occured uploading the image. The jpg file was within preset dimensions and size.

So I reinstalled thinking I goofed something up, and now when I click the select image button, it says I do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I have tried a wide variety of settings and permissions with no results.

A little help please. Thanks.

So I reinstalled thinking I goofed something up, and now when I click the select image button, it says I do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Hi,
On profile cover or forum/thread/RM cover ?

On profile cover.

Just got home from work. Getting ready to do a uninstall and a clean reinstall.

Only had time to try out profile, not yet with threads and forums, I dont have the resource manager.

I will reply shortly with my results.

Thanks.

On a clean install without adjusting any settings in options or permissions.
Using my admin account on my profile page,...
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.
filename.jpg

1013x575 at 61.3kb

Tried one about half as big in dimensions and size with same results.

Checked my usergroup admin permissions ( not the registered primary group permissions) and made sure to set to:

Manage profile cover by self: allow
Manage profile cover by anyone: not set
Reposition profile cover by self: allow
Reposition profile cover by anyone: not set

Same results as above.

Sorry that it took so long.

I do not see the content types after rebuilding.

Setting up an admin account for use and will PC.

Yes, my members are going to love this!

Releasing tonight for them.

A couple of thoughts for the future?...

1 - Thread cover forum selection should have the "All" forums option right under "None". In my case, I use snogs groups addon, and it allows for user created forums. But I dont wish to have to go in settings everytime a group forum is made to add to the list selected. And All would just be handy anyways if you want a quick easy global setting.

2 - Same with Forum Cover forum selection. Except obviously not for user reasons, but admin reasons.

3 - Would love to see cover image added also for category nodes and page nodes. Just to expand on forum nodes, as I use page node for my home page and it would look good.

Keep up the good work !! ;)

edit to add, maybe the cover art for threads should be tied to the edit time permissions for usergroups to prevent someone putting up images that violate site terms but are buried deep in the past. Just another thought on this awsome mod.

Last edited:
Yes, my members are going to love this!

Releasing tonight for them.

A couple of thoughts for the future?...

1 - Thread cover forum selection should have the "All" forums option right under "None". In my case, I use snogs groups addon, and it allows for user created forums. But I dont wish to have to go in settings everytime a group forum is made to add to the list selected. And All would just be handy anyways if you want a quick easy global setting.

2 - Same with Forum Cover forum selection. Except obviously not for user reasons, but admin reasons.

3 - Would love to see cover image added also for category nodes and page nodes. Just to expand on forum nodes, as I use page node for my home page and it would look good.

Keep up the good work !! ;)

edit to add, maybe the cover art for threads should be tied to the edit time permissions for usergroups to prevent someone putting up images that violate site terms but are buried deep in the past. Just another thought on this awsome mod.

For 1 and 2, this will be added in next release ;)

For 3 not for next release but if you really need this feature you can create thread in custom development request in our forum

Concerne your edit I am not sure to understand

Reactions: CTS
Its been a long week for me lol.

I guess what I was trying to describe was, I wonder if the manage cover link in threads should disappear on a thread when a thread starter can no longer edit their post, as described in usergroup settings for how long someone can edit their post. I dont know if it is a good idea or not. Seemed like it at first.

Its been a long week for me lol.

I guess what I was trying to describe was, I wonder if the manage cover link in threads should disappear on a thread when a thread starter can no longer edit their post, as described in usergroup settings for how long someone can edit their post. I dont know if it is a good idea or not. Seemed like it at first.

Hum why not
I put this in my todo for future release (not next)

Top Bottom