[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer

[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer [Paid] 2.8.3

No permission to buy (€12.00)
Could you try installing that add-on and see if you have the same problem? I'm almost certain it will show on your end if you do. I have lots of other add-ons installed that are no different from yours and that other add-on has never been a problem with any of them.

If it comes down to a choice between the bd cache add-on and this document add-on then I have to pick the bd cache add-on which means I wasted money on something again.

Thanks...
I run both addons and can't say we have this issue. Sorry...

I run both addons and can't say we have this issue. Sorry...

Are you using version 1.2.0b with the 'Render AMP for thread_view' enabled and with the lastet version of this document add-on?

It solves the Google AMP issue which is why I'm not removing it.

Are you using version 1.2.0b with the 'Render AMP for thread_view' enabled and with the lastet version of this document add-on?

It solves the Google AMP issue which is why I'm not removing it.
Yes to BD Cache, but we're one update behind on D.M - updating now and will let you know of any issues.

Yes to BD Cache, but we're one update behind on D.M - updating now and will let you know of any issues.

Yes, please let me know. I'm also on CloudFare, but I tried refreshing the bd Cache and my CloudFare cache and that didn't work either. The only way to make this document manager add-on display any edits is to disable the bd Cache add-on.

I'm thinking there are lines of code that get added via both add-ons and the one just conflicts with the other and maybe because of the order of the lines that get added, at least in my case. I've seen that happen before.

Yes, please let me know. I'm also on CloudFare, but I tried refreshing the bd Cache and my CloudFare cache and that didn't work either. The only way to make this document manager add-on display any edits is to disable the bd Cache add-on.

I'm thinking there are lines of code that get added via both add-ons and the one just conflicts with the other and maybe because of the order of the lines that get added, at least in my case. I've seen that happen before.
Okay using the exact setup and KeyCDN - ours refresh and save and show as "last edited" - perfectly fine.
Sorry it's not helping and not the outcome you wanted/needed.

I could try installing it for sure but I don't have that add-on and it seems to be a paid one no ?

Edit: Ah didn't see the messages from trapped_soul. It's odd that you both don't have the same behavior with the same setup. Do you have the same configuration for the [bd] cache otions ?

Clément

I could try installing it for sure but I don't have that add-on and it seems to be a paid one no ?

Edit: Ah didn't see the messages from trapped_soul. It's odd that you both don't have the same behavior with the same setup. Do you have the same configuration for the [bd] cache otions ?

Clément
and @RSI our settings;
cache.webp

Guys, here's what I figured out, it's not the bd Cache add-on, it’s all add-ons :eek:

I thought it was the bd add-on Cache add-on because I thought the edits were somehow getting cached so I disabled that one first and the edits showed up. However, when I tried to make another edit it didn't show up again.

For some reason whenever I disable any add-on from the xenforo ACP and it comes up and says 'Your Changes Have Been Saved' the edits show up until you go to make another edit. Whatever the 'Your Changes Have Been Saved' refresh does when disabling add-ons make the edits appear.

It really does not make any sense, but I'm wondering now if it’s a certain xenforo setting causing it or maybe what I am using below ???

XenForo 1.5.10a
PHP 5.6.25
SQL 5.6.30

What is the difference when saving an edit within the document manager and it comes up and says 'Your Changes Have Been Saved' compared to when it does it when disabling an add-on ??? The last one must refresh something that the first one doesn't.

Last edited:
Hard to say, do you have similar issues with posts edit or resources edit or profile posts edit ?

Hard to say, do you have similar issues with posts edit or resources edit or profile posts edit ?

No, its only with this document manager add-on. It's like when you save an edit and it comes up an says "Your changes have been saved" that it is not refreshing everything like the actual document page itself.

To be honest I think it is something with this add-on and has something to do with what I have said above and I'm just one of the unlucky ones who has this issue. Even with the bd Cache disabled and my CloudFare account set to Pause to bypass the cache it still happens.

Can you check to see what your add-on is refreshing when you save an edit? Maybe you can add what xenforo is refreshing when you disable add-ons. That would probably fix my problem.

Hum, I can probably check to see what xF doesn't when disabling an add-on but adding similar code to the document edit doesn't seem a right solution.

Will see what I can find out.

Hum, I can probably check to see what xF doesn't when disabling an add-on but adding similar code to the document edit doesn't seem a right solution.

Will see what I can find out.

Thanks, what's funny is when I hold the mouse pointer over the document title and the ballon window pops up it shows the edits. The edits are there, but the document page itself just doesn't show them.

Something is just not getting completely refreshed when saving like the document or page itself.

If you come up with an update just send it to me via PM and I will try it first to let you know if it fixed it or not before you officially release it.

Thanks, what's funny is when I hold the mouse pointer over the document title and the ballon window pops up it shows the edits. The edits are there, but the document page itself just doesn't show them.

Something is just not getting completely refreshed when saving like the document or page itself.

If you come up with an update just send it to me via PM and I will try it first to let you know if it fixed it or not before you officially release it.

Hum, but if you refresh the page does it show the edit ?

But if you look into xfa_document table (or xfa_document_section for the content) the data is there ?

Bug prevent people from using my website:
@MtoR

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: page - library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php:119
Generated By: kbraszzz, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/fdsa/publ...', 119, Array)
#1 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php(110): XFA_DocMngr_ReportHandler_Section->getContentLink(Array, Array)
#2 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php(149): XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReport(Array)
#3 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Report.php(187): XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReports(Array)
#4 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Report.php(275): XenForo_Model_Report->getVisibleReportsForUser(Array, Array)
#5 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php(500): XenForo_Model_Report->getActiveReportsCountsForUser()
#6 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php(468): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionReportCounts()
#7 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php(33): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionCaches()
#8 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Controller.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_preDispatchType('Refresh')
#9 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Refresh', 'Siropu_Chat_Con...')
#10 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

Fixed in upcoming version

XFA updated [XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and new features

Corrected bugs:
  • ErrorException: Undefined index: page - library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php:119
  • Document Manager sidebar block "Top documents" can't be disabled, setting 0 always get replaced by 1
  • Images inserted into content of documents without section are not displayed, view attachment link is displayed instead
[COLOR=rgb(44, 44,...[/quote]

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looks like a good add on. Playing around with the demo on your site, seems the table of content flies around the page alot (when scrolling it leaps to different parts of the page, sometiems gets stuck in the footer). Would be nice if the sides could be static a bit and not move while the data is scrollable.

Top Bottom