[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer

[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer [Paid] 2.8.3

No permission to buy (€12.00)
First, I'd like to say that this addon is great :) But, can I make one suggestion? In the ACP options for it you keep using the word "wether" and it's really bugging me as it's a typo. The correct spellling is "whether" - in your next update, could you please fix it? :)

View attachment 140617

Ah damn yes I tend to do that typo mistake, english ain't my mother tongue.

Please post suggestions in the corresponding section on our forum.

All suggestions are welcome :)

Will fix this. What did you mean by switching the inline editor to the BBCode editor ?
db33564a759a813e32d0a4bb97323d77.webp
Also error for reports which halted my entire board the other day:
Code:
Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index::actionindex)

An exception occurred: Undefined index: page in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php on line 119

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php at line 119
    XFA_DocMngr_ReportHandler_Section->getContentLink() in XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php at line 110
    XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReport() in XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php at line 149
    XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReports() in XenForo/Model/Report.php at line 187
    XenForo_Model_Report->getVisibleReportsForUser() in XenForo/Model/Report.php at line 275
    XenForo_Model_Report->getActiveReportsCountsForUser() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 500
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionReportCounts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 468
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionCaches() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 33
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_preDispatchType() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 310
    XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

View attachment 140654
Code:
Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index::actionindex)

An exception occurred: Undefined index: page in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php on line 119

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php at line 119
    XFA_DocMngr_ReportHandler_Section->getContentLink() in XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php at line 110
    XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReport() in XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php at line 149
    XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReports() in XenForo/Model/Report.php at line 187
    XenForo_Model_Report->getVisibleReportsForUser() in XenForo/Model/Report.php at line 275
    XenForo_Model_Report->getActiveReportsCountsForUser() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 500
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionReportCounts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 468
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionCaches() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 33
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_preDispatchType() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

Thanks for reporting but that still doesn't answer to my question about what you meant by switching.

View attachment 140654
Code:

Ah damn as you didn't open a report thread on our forum I forgot to check that one...

Bug prevent people from using my website:
@MtoR

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: page - library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php:119
Generated By: kbraszzz, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XFA/DocMngr/ReportHandler/Section.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/fdsa/publ...', 119, Array)
#1 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php(110): XFA_DocMngr_ReportHandler_Section->getContentLink(Array, Array)
#2 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ReportHandler/Abstract.php(149): XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReport(Array)
#3 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Report.php(187): XenForo_ReportHandler_Abstract->prepareReports(Array)
#4 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Report.php(275): XenForo_Model_Report->getVisibleReportsForUser(Array, Array)
#5 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php(500): XenForo_Model_Report->getActiveReportsCountsForUser()
#6 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php(468): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionReportCounts()
#7 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php(33): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_updateModeratorSessionCaches()
#8 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Controller.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_preDispatchType('Refresh')
#9 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Refresh', 'Siropu_Chat_Con...')
#10 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

Hi,

Yes I have to fix it, it's just a bit complicated right now as I have just had a baby.
I'll try to fix this next week.

Hello,

I just installed this add-on and already found 2 bugs and I also have a couple of requests.

1. When you create a document it will not be updated when you edit it. If I change the text in the below for example and hit save it will not change that text when you view the document after. It comes up and says your changes have been saved, but it does not actually change and update the text within the document itself. It still shows it just the way it was when you first created the document. For some reason it’s not taking any edits so it is a bug.
1.webp

2. In the ACP the # Top Documents cannot be saved to "0". It keeps defaulting back to a "1" when trying to save it so it's a bug as well. See below.

2.webp

3. Is there any way you can make attached image thumbnails display inline when you try to insert them as thumbnails instead of showing up as links to attachments at the bottom? I would like the images to show up inline between paragraphs and not show up as attacments at the bottom instead.

4. Is there any way you can add the ability/permission for admins to change the user/writer of a document? What I mean is add the option to assign a document to another member.

Thanks...

Last edited:
1. When you create a document it will not be updated when you edit it. If I change the text in the below for example and hit save it will not change that text when you view the document after. It comes up and says your changes have been saved, but it does not actually change and update the text within the document itself. It still shows it just the way it was when you first created the document. For some reason it’s not taking any edits so it is a bug.View attachment 142731

In your case it's a document without sections right ?

2. In the ACP the # Top Documents cannot be saved to "0". It keeps defaulting back to a "1" when trying to save it so it's a bug as well. See below.

View attachment 142732

Ah, maybe I have put positive integer as the type, that would be an error.
Please can you open a bug report here:
http://xen-factory.com/index.php?forums/document-manager.47/

3. Is there any way you can make attached image thumbnails display inline when you try to insert them as thumbnails instead of showing up as links to attachments at the bottom? I would like the images to show up inline between paragraphs and not show up as attacments at the bottom instead.

I haven't tested but I think you can do it similarly to the posts in the forum, no ?
Unless it's a specificity of the documents without sections, as the attachment in that case are related to the document while the content of the document is still a section.

4. Is there any way you can add the ability/permission for admins to change the user/writer of a document? What I mean is add the option to assign a document to another member.

As of now, no it's not.
But this is something which has already been asked so it will be implemented when I will work on the 2.5.0 version.

In your case it's a document without sections right ?

Yes., but it may also do it with summarys too, I just forget...

Ah, maybe I have put positive integer as the type, that would be an error.
Please can you open a bug report here:
http://xen-factory.com/index.php?forums/document-manager.47/

Ok, I will do that...

I haven't tested but I think you can do it similarly to the posts in the forum, no ?
Unless it's a specificity of the documents without sections, as the attachment in that case are related to the document while the content of the document is still a section.

No, when you try to insert a thumbnail is just adds a link to the attached image. It wont show the image thumbnail and remove it as an attachment at the bottom. So that's bacically my request, can you make it work like with normal forum posts?

As of now, no it's not.
But this is something which has already been asked so it will be implemented when I will work on the 2.5.0 version.

Ok, good...

Last edited:
For the first thing, can you please check and report me which lead to the issue.

Regarding the other point, it's odd that it displays as a link, it should be a thumbnail, please report it aswell (I know it's annoying but it allows me to keep track of single bugs in an easy way you know).

For the first thing, can you please check and report me which lead to the issue.

Today I purchased this add-on for the very first time and installed it. It is your latest version 2.4.3

Basically when you create a document within the summary or content sections you cannot go back and edit anything in either of them. XenForo says that your changes have been saved, but when you go back and view the document it has not changed it. It's not actually updating the document itself with any of the changes.

Example, when I add the 123 on the end of test and save it...
test2.webp

It still looks like the below after and didn't add the 123
test1.webp

Regarding the other point, it's odd that it displays as a link, it should be a thumbnail, please report it aswell (I know it's annoying but it allows me to keep track of single bugs in an easy way you know).

When I attach an image and insert the thumbnail within the content of the page...

test4.webp

It only shows up as a link (View attachment 5155) with the image still attached below it

test3.webp

Last edited:
Your wife had the baby.
:)

Get some rest !!!

For sure I didn't ;) But we had no sleep that night so I am as well tired ;)

Basically when you create a document within the summary or content sections you cannot go back and edit anything in either of them. XenForo says that your changes have been saved, but when you go back and view the document it has not changed it. It's not actually updating the document itself with any of the changes.

I tested on our website, I am not able to reproduce that issue.
If I edit the summary it does get refreshed.

Do you have any error in the server log ?

When I attach an image and insert the thumbnail within the content of the page...

View attachment 142752

It only shows up as a link (View attachment 5155) with the image still attached below it

View attachment 142751

Yes yes as I said please create a bug ticket for this one :)

I tested on our website, I am not able to reproduce that issue.
If I edit the summary it does get refreshed.

Ok, I figured out why the documents won't show the changes when edits are made.

It's because of this add-on: [bd] Cache

Can you make it compatible with that add-on? When I disable it the edits show up so that's what it is.

P.S. It not becuase it's being cached, when I clear the bd cache the edits still dont show up. There must be some kind of interaction with the bd Cache template edits and yours. I have to disable that add-on to make yours work.

Yes yes as I said please create a bug ticket for this one :)

Yes, I will create a bug ticket for the attachment issue.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know.

I don't think this would be induced by the template edits as the document manager is a standalone thing.

Have you asked the add-ons author ?

Could you try installing that add-on and see if you have the same problem? I'm almost certain it will show on your end if you do. I have lots of other add-ons installed that are no different from yours and that other add-on has never been a problem with any of them.

If it comes down to a choice between the bd cache add-on and this document add-on then I have to pick the bd cache add-on which means I wasted money on something again.

Thanks...

Top Bottom