[XFA] Custom Username Icons - XF2

[XFA] Custom Username Icons - XF2 [Paid] 5.0.8

No permission to buy (€10.00)
Hello @XFA,

When I click the color picker, it doesn't works in the accounts settings :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks

Hello @XFA,

I found a new conflict.

On my forum list, I have a sprite for the icons.

When a user use your addon to get a FA :after icon, it's showing the following result :

Hello @XFA,

When I click the color picker, it doesn't works in the accounts settings :

Thanks

You have installed our Core addon ?

Hello @XFA,

I found a new conflict.

On my forum list, I have a sprite for the icons.

When a user use your addon to get a FA :after icon, it's showing the following result :

How is your sprite done ? With an addon ?

Hello @XFA,

I installed the latest version, and got this strange bug :

There is a fa fa-fw element added after every username, even if the user didn't select any custom username icons.
That's creating a bad padding.

Screenshot%20at%2011-46-56.png

I disabled the addon... waiting for a fix...+

Hum odd.
Please add a bug report to our site (easier follow up).
Thanks,
Clément

I've started a new support thread on your site as well, but I've run into a problem after upgrading our V1 version of this plug in to the current V2 version. I have installed the XFA core v1.2.3 before upgrading.

The icons are not appearing on the forum anywhere, and when I go into the usergroup, I get this error when saving (either making a change or not making a change to the usergroup)

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'xfa_cui_banner_type_ugp' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 245
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1394
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 69
  9. XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 159
  10. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/UserGroup.php at line 120
  11. XF\Admin\Controller\UserGroup->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  16. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Here are the errors generated in the logs:

ErrorException: Template error: Illegal string offset 'icon'

internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/xfa_cui_user_group_edit_banner.php:78

Stack Trace:

#0 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/xfa_cui_user_group_edit_banner.php(78): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, 'Illegal string ...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 78, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1323): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:xfa_cui_u...', Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/user_group_edit.php(138): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('xfa_cui_user_gr...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:user_grou...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:UserGroup\\Ed...', 'admin:user_grou...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state:

array(4) {
["url"] => string(45) "/test/admin.php?user-groups/registered.2/edit"
["referrer"] => string(61) "https://www.mysite.com/test/admin.php?user-groups/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["user-groups/registered_2/edit"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Did you have the latest xF1 version ?

Do you havre a xfa_cui_banner_type_ugp column in the xf_user_group table ?

This AddOn looks nice. I read that this is also possible for the banner styling and also saw it in one of the screenshots. Is it possible to see a screenshot with a icon on a banner? I wanna see how it looks.

Here it is !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-11-28 à 20.43.33.webp
    Capture d’écran 2018-11-28 à 20.43.33.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey @XFA on this addon is it not possible to extend the username icons to work with unicode icons? Because while not wanting people tasting unicode on usernames directly it'd be a nice perk to customize.

Unicode emojis and all do like fontawesome adapt to the size of the username and all so I wonder that would be a better option than just images / fontawesome.

Hey @XFA on this addon is it not possible to extend the username icons to work with unicode icons? Because while not wanting people tasting unicode on usernames directly it'd be a nice perk to customize.

Unicode emojis and all do like fontawesome adapt to the size of the username and all so I wonder that would be a better option than just images / fontawesome.

Hello,

Please clarify, I am not sure to understand.

Clément

Hello,

Please clarify, I am not sure to understand.

Clément
I mean https://getemoji.com/

There is a huge variety of emojis that are very supported now, while you can paste them directly into your username my suggestion here is that blocking usernames to have this emojis in them have this addon allowing you select this from this type of emojis to add to their username instead.

It is better than images because it works better with the resizing depending on where the username is deplayed, and better than Fontawesome icons because fontawesome is more of a bland set for more professional uses.

I mean https://getemoji.com/

There is a huge variety of emojis that are very supported now, while you can paste them directly into your username my suggestion here is that blocking usernames to have this emojis in them have this addon allowing you select this from this type of emojis to add to their username instead.

It is better than images because it works better with the resizing depending on where the username is deplayed, and better than Fontawesome icons because fontawesome is more of a bland set for more professional uses.

Oh ok. But you currently have something that avoids them from being input into the usernames ?

Oh ok. But you currently have something that avoids them from being input into the usernames ?
Yes, I'm doing alpha-numeric usernames. I use APIs and all so having random 😀😁😂 on the usernames is quite annoying.

That's why I suggest this addon could make use of this adding this emoji support to the usernames without them being the actual username.

Yes, I'm doing alpha-numeric usernames. I use APIs and all so having random 😀😁😂 on the usernames is quite annoying.

That's why I suggest this addon could make use of this adding this emoji support to the usernames without them being the actual username.

Don't hesitate to suggest that on our site :)

Top Bottom