xf_resource not removing from database after deletion

audiokid

When deleting a Resource, the "resource and or the forum page it also creates" xf_resource is still there and somehow. NOTE: pages are being google indexed as Invalid URL or page not found.

I'm also seeing some issues regarding the resent Convert Image All script Andy offers which gets stopped because the Resource is breaking it from continuing . Hope this helps.

The Invalid URL or page not found indexing issue has been happening for a year so its not a current bug.

You posted this in XenForo Bug Reports, but it isn't clear to me that this is a XenForo bug, nor is it necessarily a RM bug, so I have moved it to troubleshooting for the time being.

I don't quite understand what the issue is, could you explain it in more detail? Bear in mind that a bug would only be valid if it can be reproduced with all add-ons disabled, so talk of other add-ons are not applicable here.

Could you detail the steps required to reproduce the problem, and furthermore explain what you are expecting to happen compared to what is actually happening.

Sure thing.

When I first installed the Resource Manager, I made a few test "resources" then deleted them. When looking in the database, I still see xf_resource has them entered, yet they are not by any url.
Even the images that were in a deleted Resource are cached somewhere. I don't have any Caching enabled at this point, yet they are showing them entered. ( sorry, can't recall what table this is).

I suppose to reproduce this, create a resource, add an image etc, delete the resource and see if it has been completely deleted or is there remainders that might prove to be a problem. If not, then I suppose its considered closed.

I'm only a novice but I think when it comes to removing or deleting a Resource, there is something not being removed that should be.

Hope that helps.

It sounds to me like they've just been soft deleted. You can only totally remove them from the database if you have hard delete permissions. You should still be able to see the resources if you have the ability to view deleted resources.

So in general, check your resource-related permissions.

In
Option Groups: XenForo Resource Manager
When a resource is deleted, take this action with any automatically created thread. It is currently selected as close the thread but those threads where hard deleted as well.

If for some reason this is related to an add-on or a mystery... to completely remove anything relating to a particular Resource, what tables would I need to check and clean out to remove whatever is causing this for me?

What do you see in the xf_resource table for the entry that isn't appearing? Based on the queries, the resource should display unless you don't have permission to do it; it doesn't depend on other tables.

Top Bottom