1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xf_data_registry crash import

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Addsky, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Addsky

Addsky Member

Hi, i got some problem. I make backup forum and want use it. When i back up it to site after xf_data_registry table all other tables got hyrogliphs instead of russian symbols. If i remove xf_data_registry from import - all ok. How i can fix it?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This would indicate an issue with your dump, import, or upload. I would recommend using the command line to do the dump and restore and ensure that you upload in binary mode (or upload it zipped).

3. Addsky

Addsky Member

Sure i use command line for export and import. And if i open dump in text editor i see russian symbols, but after import all tables before xf_data_registry have normal russian symbols, but after this table start hyrogliphs.

4. Mike

That certainly sounds like an issue with the dump. You may wish to try another tool to do the dump or to dump binary data as hexadecimal (--hex-blob).

5. Addsky

Addsky Member

But why if i make dump with -table-ignore=xf_data_registry (without table xf_data_registry) all is okay?

6. Mike

I couldn't comment. That would be an issue with the dump/import tool as MySQL supports arbitrary binary data in tables.

7. Addsky

Addsky Member

--hex-blob doesnt help, anyway same problems...

8. Addsky

Addsky Member

So u dont know, how i can fix this problem?

9. Mike

Unfortunately no, it's not something I've seen before. It seems like a dump/restore issue. If it still happens with hex blobs, that almost certainly seems like a restore issue. If you find that exporting that table separately allows it to work, that may be what's necessary.

10. Addsky

Addsky Member

Yea, i make 2 dumps, 1 this table only, 1 all other and all work. But if it in 1 dump - dont work.

11. Addsky

Addsky Member

Find some also problem, can u explain what row 'wfc_002b40e8ee03dc38bb9c8' - mean? what is it? in data_registry

12. Mike

I believe it's related to the widget framework, but it's not a standard row.

13. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Maybe @xfrocks can take a look at this since he's author of WF

14. Addsky

Addsky Member