• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xf_data_registry crash import

Hi, i got some problem. I make backup forum and want use it. When i back up it to site after xf_data_registry table all other tables got hyrogliphs instead of russian symbols. If i remove xf_data_registry from import - all ok. How i can fix it?

Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This would indicate an issue with your dump, import, or upload. I would recommend using the command line to do the dump and restore and ensure that you upload in binary mode (or upload it zipped).

Sure i use command line for export and import. And if i open dump in text editor i see russian symbols, but after import all tables before xf_data_registry have normal russian symbols, but after this table start hyrogliphs.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
That certainly sounds like an issue with the dump. You may wish to try another tool to do the dump or to dump binary data as hexadecimal (--hex-blob).

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I couldn't comment. That would be an issue with the dump/import tool as MySQL supports arbitrary binary data in tables.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Unfortunately no, it's not something I've seen before. It seems like a dump/restore issue. If it still happens with hex blobs, that almost certainly seems like a restore issue. If you find that exporting that table separately allows it to work, that may be what's necessary.

Unfortunately no, it's not something I've seen before. It seems like a dump/restore issue. If it still happens with hex blobs, that almost certainly seems like a restore issue. If you find that exporting that table separately allows it to work, that may be what's necessary.
Yea, i make 2 dumps, 1 this table only, 1 all other and all work. But if it in 1 dump - dont work.

Find some also problem, can u explain what row 'wfc_002b40e8ee03dc38bb9c8' - mean? what is it? in data_registry