XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

Assadi

Assadi submitted a new resource:

Steam Integration (Connected Accounts) - Steam Integration and Connected Account Provider for XenForo 2

Ever want to allow your users to sign-in through Steam? Now you can! This add-on provides a fully functional XenForo 2 connected account provider that integrates perfectly with the existing sign-in systems. Users can login and register through Steam. And, existing users can also associate their standard accounts with Steam.

Current features:
* Sign-in
* Registration
* Association
* Profile picture synchronization (pulls from Steam on initial registration)

Coming soon:

Read more about this resource...

Profile links and Steam64 can now optionally be displayed on the user info block on messages. Customers should now be able to download version 1.1.0 on their purchases page.

wqcC7h0.gif

Also
If you have previously paid for anyone's Steam integration/authentication module for XenForo 1 or 2, feel free to PM me for a 30% off code.

Last edited:
Assadi updated [S70] Steam Integration (Connected Accounts) with a new update entry:

Optionally Disallow Disassociation of Steam Accounts

Added an option to disable disassociation of Steam accounts. This is useful for communities that require Steam IDs.

If your account is only tied to Steam, not only does it prevent you from disassociating your account, it hides the entire disassociation text altogether.

However, if you have many different accounts connected, it only prevents you from disassociating your Steam account. So, this will not conflict with other providers (E.g., Facebook).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Added an option to disable disassociation of Steam accounts. This is useful for communities that require Steam IDs.
Wouldn't it be better to simply display the SteamID in the change log? The one in the ACP which also records group changes.

Wouldn't it be better to simply display the SteamID in the change log? The one in the ACP which also records group changes.
These are slightly different concepts. This particular change is more so for communities that truly absolutely require Steam.

For example, for us, we use XenForo for automatically synchronizing ranks, automatic whitelisting, and bans.

If someone could disconnect their account, in our case, they would be losing out on many of our core systems.

We run the xf1 verison and it is fantastic that it collects stats about what games and how often our community plays, does your xf2 version do the same?

We run the xf1 verison and it is fantastic that it collects stats about what games and how often our community plays, does your xf2 version do the same?

Currently, the add-on mostly focuses on the core functionality. This was originally developed out of our own necessity for such an add-on. And, personally, I never really found some of extra features provided by the XF 1 add-on to be particularly useful. So, we simply never got around to them.

But, let me know if that is a deal breaker for you. And, that also goes for everyone else who might be reading this as well. Go ahead and like his post if that is something you really want to see in the future!

yes i understand what you mean, automatic systems make sense. maybe you like my solution, too ;)

It'll be coming in the next update or so. Thanks for the suggestion!

I never really found some of extra features provided by the XF 1 add-on to be particularly useful. So, we simply never got around to them.

Very useful features, been able to track over 1000 members gaming habits ours our community to target our efforts towards the more popular games our members are playing - now and in the future.

But, let me know if that is a deal breaker for you.

I would love to have the stats functionality of the xf1 addon, without it we are losing a feature we use for our community.

Assadi updated [S70] Steam Integration (Connected Accounts) with a new update entry:

Data Importing, Force Registration, Logs, and Better Styling

Changes:
  1. You can now import Steam data from HowIChrgeLazer's Steam authentication for XenForo 1.
  2. Added the ability to prevent non-Steam registration. This both hides the standard registration fields and social buttons along with completely preventing the standard registration code from running.
  3. Associations and disassociations are now logged in the admin panel.
  4. The Steam button has had some styling applied to it. Now, it includes the Steam icon.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom