XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

Okay, now I have a real issue. I did a test registration and I went through with my Steam login and ended up back on my site. It asked me for my email and password and when I did it that was it. I confirmed my account, but when I go to "Connected Accounts" it still says I need to associate my account. However...if I look at the list of Steam Accounts in the admin panel, it shows that account is connected.

Update 1:
So, this is really bizarre. If I try to associate again with that account it says I cannot because the account is associated with another user on the forum. I can login with the Steam account into that user, but it still will NOT show that it's connected on the connected user page. So weird...

Okay, now I have a real issue. I did a test registration and I went through with my Steam login and ended up back on my site. It asked me for my email and password and when I did it that was it. I confirmed my account, but when I go to "Connected Accounts" it still says I need to associate my account. However...if I look at the list of Steam Accounts in the admin panel, it shows that account is connected.

Update 1:
So, this is really bizarre. If I try to associate again with that account it says I cannot because the account is associated with another user on the forum. I can login with the Steam account into that user, but it still will NOT show that it's connected on the connected user page. So weird...

I'm struggling to replicate the issue you're having, can you please join our Slack channel so we can debug this together?

https://join.slack.com/t/s70/shared...RmMjJmMmI3MTVhZDQwYTY0MzEwZDUyMDZjZmMxZmU2ZWQ

Greater work so far @Assadi

I have purchased and installed on our xf2 test website, loving the addon so far, couple things I'd love to see changed/added to make the addon even better.

• User Promotions - in xf1 you could set a user promotion if a user had steam associated and also drill down to particular games they own. in your addon for xf2, you can do so if connected to steam which is great, but it'd also like to see the option to select particular games owned.
1519550019629.webp

• Importing Steam 64 id - importing from the xf1 addon worked well and quickly, but I have found with numerous users that the steam id is incorrect as shown below:
1519550161028.webp

• Edit User, Extra Tab - in xf1 you could click on the steam profile listed under the Extra tab in Edit user in the admin cp, can't do so in your xf2 addon
1519550271072.webp 1519550318368.webp

Attachments

• 1519550298618.webp
    1519550298618.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 10
The big one my users are really missing, is the Steam overview in a separate tab. Which games is the most owned, played and hours of usage in a listview.

The information is there already, so assume it will just about presenting it in a good way.

It'll be coming within the next few updates :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into them and get back to you in a bit.

• importing from the xf1 addon worked well and quickly, but I have found with numerous users that the steam id is incorrect as shown below:

I haven't been able to replicate this personally. If you have time at some point, could you join our Slack channel? We can resolve this much quicker if we have some sort of instant communication. The link is in the resource listing.

Otherwise, go ahead and shoot @^Alex a PM and he'll help you deal with this ;)

That's most likely because your domain and your htaccess might differ? Make sure everything's the same everywhere

Everything seems the same, and if i remove www. i get the error on the steam page.

Edit: It has been fixed, i was missing the connected_account.php

Thank you everybody that helped out, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Using: BlackTea/SteamAuth 1.5.4
Just got this error

Code:
Server error log
Exception: Template public:connected_account_associated_steam error: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. src\addons\BlackTea\SteamAuth\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\Steam.php:43
Generated by: CoZmicShReddeR Feb 27, 2018 at 3:27 PM
Stack trace
#0 src\addons\BlackTea\SteamAuth\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\Steam.php(34): BlackTea\SteamAuth\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\Steam->getExtraParams()
#1 src\XF\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\AbstractProviderData.php(171): BlackTea\SteamAuth\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\Steam->getAvatarUrl()
#2 internal_data\code_cache\templates\l1\s60\public\connected_account_associated_steam.php(9): XF\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\AbstractProviderData->offsetGet('avatar_url')
#3 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(1246): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DynamicAvatarStyling\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src\XF\ConnectedAccount\Provider\AbstractProvider.php(349): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('connected_accou...', Array)
#5 src\XF\Entity\ConnectedAccountProvider.php(71): XF\ConnectedAccount\Provider\AbstractProvider->renderAssociated(Object(XF\Entity\ConnectedAccountProvider), Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User))
#6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\ConnectedAccountProvider->renderAssociated()
#7 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(936): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 internal_data\code_cache\templates\l1\s60\public\connected_account_macros.php(70): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\ConnectedAccountProvider), 'renderAssociate...', Array)
#9 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(659): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DynamicAvatarStyling\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data\code_cache\templates\l1\s60\public\account_connected.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('connected_accou...', 'disassociate', Array, Array)
#11 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(1246): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DynamicAvatarStyling\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#12 src\XF\Template\Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('account_connect...', Array)
#13 src\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#14 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Account\\Conn...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#15 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#16 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#17 src\XF\App.php(1889): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src\XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#19 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#20 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(28) "/account/connected-accounts/"
  ["referrer"] => string(41) "https://www.cozworld.com/account/upgrades"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom