Lack of interest [XF2] Different colour scheme on a per node basis

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Stuart Wright

Having different colour schemes for different categories (and occasionally nodes) gives us the scope to create a more visible differentiation between forum areas and a more colourful forum generally.

So on AVForums, we've had to create a whole bunch of colours in the palette and assign them to the node classes in order for different areas of the forums to have different colours.

Here is how it looks on the Which TV... forum, child of the Home AV category which is designated blue

temp_tvs.webp

and the Movies forum, child of the Movies, TV & Music category which is designated red.

temp_movies.webp

For each forum colour, we have a medium colour, a lighter and a darker version, and these provide us everything with we need for each node. But there are lots of new colours in the palette.

upload_2014-9-20_21-56-19.webp

And we have to put a load of css in to assign the colours to the various elements - this is just a small snippet of the css for one colour.

upload_2014-9-20_22-0-10.webp

For Xenforo 2, could we have an easy way to assign colours to specific nodes, which are inherited by their child forums unless the child forum has its own colours assigned?
Thanks

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So on AVForums, we've had to create a whole bunch of colours in the palette and assign them to the node classes in order for different areas of the forums to have different colours.

Here is how it looks on the Which TV... forum, child of the Home AV category which is designated blue

View attachment 84531

and the Movies forum, child of the Movies, TV & Music category which is designated red.

View attachment 84532

For each forum colour, we have a medium colour, a lighter and a darker version, and these provide us everything with we need for each node. But there are lots of new colours in the palette.

View attachment 84529

And we have to put a load of css in to assign the colours to the various elements - this is just a small snippet of the css for one colour.

View attachment 84530

For Xenforo 2, could we have an easy way to assign colours to specific nodes, which are inherited by their child forums unless the child forum has its own colours assigned?
Thanks

Normally I'd say just use child styles and change the single color palette in the child style, then set "force style" on the node options, but you'd have a lot of child styles :D

Normally I'd say just use child styles and change the single color palette in the child style, then set "force style" on the node options, but you'd have a lot of child styles :D
That was exactly what I anticipated saying when I saw the thread title and let it go for the same reason.

The feature might be a good idea.

Top Bottom