XF2.3 feedback and comments

check bottom left. there is a gear icon showing all three default options.

So I’m not the only person who mistook the sun icon for a gear (cogwheel) icon.

I think the style chooser could be clearer. Currently it is just a symbol next to the Cookie consent link. I think it would be better if it had the text Style or Style variation/chooser or something.

There seems to be an issue with the responsive nav bar on the main xenforo page. From a phone in portrait the nav bar doesnt show up at all. I imagine on a tablet users won't be effected, I noticed this morning that the nav bar was missing as I usually go to the main page then to the community..

Turning the device landscape fixes the issue but happens even form PC's if you shrink the browser down enough but I only checked with Safari and google chrome on both my phone and laptop, ive also never visited xenforo from google chrome so I dont believe its a caching issue. im not sure if this is known or part of the update but it seems odd going to the main page and not having any navigation.

P.S. Sorry if this was the wrong section to post this in

IMG_0663.webpScreenshot 2023-12-07 at 8.15.36 PM.webpIMG_0665.webpIMG_0664.webp

Last edited:
When I'm typing a message in the editor here, if I position the cursor in the middle of some text, hold CTRL+SHIFT and press left arrow, the editor will only highlight one word max - losing the highlight on the last word as I keep scrolling. Right arrow will highlight a block of text as expected.

As above either incorrect timestamp info or extremely delayed notifications. See attached. Notification 1 minute ago but timestamp 4.01am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208_135455_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20231208_135455_com.android.chrome.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20231208_135458_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20231208_135458_com.android.chrome.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 36
Gmt timestamps seem to be OK because my post has the right time based on when I posted it. Not sure how that explains the extremely delayed alerts @Paul B. Is it a moderated account issue?

So, this is happening at least on Chrome stable on Windows. I enter @ and start typing a username. XenForo suggests options. I use arrow key to pick the one I want to tag and it accepts it but sends the cursor on next line. On 2.2.x, it keeps the cursor in same line and nicely adds a space after the tagged username (which is also added here so that's nice). (Also just noticed that the thread title field on new thread page has weird padding).

Last edited:
ooo. for some reason it added color bbcodes to the post. not sure why. fixed it. i did copy pasted the content from a new thread page after realizing that this post was more suited here than to create a bug report. i am seeing a lot of posts with mixed colors since the switch to 2.3. maybe the dual color themes is resulting in people not realizing that their text color is just not going to be visible if the user is on the other color theme.

just tried doing it again. and yes, xenforo seems to be adding [COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)] to content copied from the rich post editor to another editor. i am on light theme here.

maybe the dual color themes is resulting in people not realizing that their text color is just not going to be visible if the user is on the other color theme
COLOR bb code readability between light and dark styles is a problem. In 2021 I posted a suggestion about one way to improve this but it didn't receive enough votes:

For my own site I implemented a workaround to only render preset colors and then I use CSS to override the color with a better contrasting version where relevant. But it'd be nice to have a solution provided in XenForo itself.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but I'm curious as to whether, or not, there was ever a solution found that would allow the logo to be changed depending on the dark/light style selected?

When I'm typing a message in the editor here, if I position the cursor in the middle of some text, hold CTRL+SHIFT and press left arrow, the editor will only highlight one word max - losing the highlight on the last word as I keep scrolling. Right arrow will highlight a block of text as expected.

@Paul B - update: The problem only occurs when BB Code is toggled on. If the editor icons for bold, italics, etc. are active, the problem will be evident when trying to highlight words moving the cursor to the left. If the editor icons are disabled, you can highlight words using CTRL-SHIFT-Left as expected.

I'm surprised that the collapsible category button available in the ACP still isn't available in the default theme. This is an important feature and is a no-brainer to add as it's already there in the ACP. I can't fathom why it isn't.

Media item list overlay fails to load the sidebar for subsequent items when you exit the overlay. The sidebar does however update using next and previous to move through the items by not closing the overlay.

Are the scroll to top/bottom of page buttons disabled? I don't see them here while browsing on my mobile (Android/Chrome).

Top Bottom