XF2.2 Default Styles (FREE) - No Template edits!

XF2.2 Default Styles (FREE) - No Template edits! 2.2.x

No permission to download
This looks great. I use the default, but red, and it gets at me at night sometimes.

However, I made a lot of template modifications for add ons to appear how I want.

Is there a way to install a theme like this and copy those mods over?

Figured it out (parent carries over).

Next question: Anybody have experience with cron jobs and XF database queries to either 1) make an add on cron task to automatically switch from light to dark at 7 PM and back to light at 7 AM (allowing the user to manually change at any time, quite possibly making a "respect my decision" option in preferences to not change theirs) or 2) a real CentOS mysql task to update all user's?

Edit: I think the mysql query could even respect their decision if there's a custom field... I'll work on the mysql one until someone can come up with an add on to switch. A sun/moon button in the navigation bar next to alerts would be icing on the cake to switch (as opposed to the bottom).

Thanks for this theme, @Jordyn !

Last edited:
Hey Jordyn. Im struggling to figure out how to center logo? Any help? Sorry if its such an easy fix. Im getting back into coding its been awhile.

Hello Mr. Jordyn,

Do you have plans to update this dark-theme option to XF 2.2? And, in a hope, to put a little turn-off lights icon next to the message icons to help the users to turn the lights on and off?

Would be great if you do.

Thank you very much.

Do you have plans to update this dark-theme option to XF 2.2? And, in a hope, to put a little turn-off lights icon next to the message icons to help the users to turn the lights on and off?
If he doesn't add support for that, @BassMan has a "dark mode" icon switcher.
I personally use his "What's New" icon so it's the same across mobile and desktop.
But when I get a 'darker mode' down myself, I'll be using it as well.

Hello Mr. Jordyn,

Would be great if you do.

Thank you very much.
Hey mate, yes i do have plans to update. The style as is now, has no edits to the code. That is kinda how i would like it to stay. But, I am thinking of adding small coding in my first post for others to add themselves.

@frm Yes, gotta love @BassMan addons thanks.

Hey mate, yes i do have plans to update. The style as is now, has no edits to the code. That is kinda how i would like it to stay. But, I am thinking of adding small coding in my first post for others to add themselves.

@frm Yes, gotta love @BassMan addons thanks.
No reason for you to add it with his add on as it makes your theme dependent on an add on too.

Is this going to be updated with 2.2? I might just go all dark like this instead of deeper reds.

This works well in 2.2 Beta 2!

Question: does anyone know of this available in Grey instead of full Dark?

Good to know this works with 2.2. That was my biggest fear as this style is the backbone of my site and I would hate to see it broken with 2.2

Just to be clear, is this update backwards compatible with 2.1, or should I hold off on updating until I jump to 2.2?
Yes hold off till 2.2 sorry mate, there is no 2.1 style update.

Actually, i mite try clean up Dark Style and add Black Style for 2.1.

Top Bottom