XF 2.0 XF1.5 to 2.0 Upgrade Warning

CivilWarTalk

So I was running through an upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 and got this warning somewhere I presume near the end of the upgrade process:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] fopen(/home/admin/domains/civilwartalk.com/public_html/data/avatars/l/0/7.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php at line 151
  1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. fopen() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php at line 151
  3. League\Flysystem\Adapter\Local->writeStream() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php at line 186
  4. League\Flysystem\Adapter\Local->updateStream() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php at line 118
  5. League\Flysystem\Filesystem->putStream()
  6. call_user_func_array() in src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php at line 431
  7. League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->callFilesystemMethod() in src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php at line 395
  8. League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->delegateMethodCall() in src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php at line 71
  9. League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->putStream()
  10. call_user_func_array() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/MountManager.php at line 269
  11. League\Flysystem\MountManager->invokePluginOnFilesystem() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/MountManager.php at line 179
  12. League\Flysystem\MountManager->__call() in src/XF/Util/File.php at line 101
  13. League\Flysystem\MountManager->putStream() in src/XF/Util/File.php at line 101
  14. XF\Util\File::copyFileToAbstractedPath() in src/XF/Service/User/Avatar.php at line 397
  15. XF\Service\User\Avatar->createOSizeAvatarFromL() in src/XF/Job/Upgrade/UserAvatar200.php at line 65
  16. XF\Job\Upgrade\UserAvatar200->run() in src/XF/Job/Atomic.php at line 38
  17. XF\Job\Atomic->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 241
  18. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 187
  19. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 138
  20. XF\Job\Manager->runUnique() in src/XF/Install/Controller/AbstractController.php at line 25
  21. XF\Install\Controller\AbstractController->manualJobRunner() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 251
  22. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  23. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  24. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  25. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1934
  26. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 333
  27. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

What steps should I take next?

Your internal_data and/or data files aren't all writable by the PHP user. This is normally from some sort of server change or manual data copy.

You should recursively chmod these directories and files 0777.

Well, I think I spoke too soon...

I've been sitting at a this message for 30 minutes or more refreshing occasionally...

This page isn’t working
civilwartalk.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I thought it was crunching data and just not responding, now I think it's stuck, the loads are pretty low on the server.

This sort of error generally means that PHP is crashing, which unfortunately is very hard to deal with from our perspective.

Do you have access to the command line? If so, try running this command (from the XF directory)
Code:
php cmd.php xf:upgrade
That may prompt you a bit at the start, but hopefully that should allow the post-upgrade jobs to complete.

Top Bottom