xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Will the plugin be updated for the newly released XenForo 1.3? Or is it already compatible (I don't think so reading the fact that it wasn't compatible with the betas)?

Thank you!

Hi Folks

Quick question - I saw some discussion about author posts earlier in this thread, but couldn't find the answer.

Basically I want to enable some of my members to post blog posts on my Wordpress site using their own accounts. However, I can't give them the correct permissions to do it in Wordpress since the bridge was installed. I want to make them 'Contributors', but only have the options of 'User', 'Moderator' or 'Administrator'.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Many thanks in advance
Ross

Will the plugin be updated for the newly released XenForo 1.3? Or is it already compatible (I don't think so reading the fact that it wasn't compatible with the betas)?

Thank you!

I can confirm that the plugin is NOT compatible with Xenforo 1.3. The first login when you install it works, but then when you log out you can't log in again in wordpress, and you can't access the WP Admin Panel unless you delete the plugin from the FTP.

Hello.... any thoughts on my question above? I just bought this bridge a couple of weeks ago and I have to say so far it's been a bit of a disappointment. I've received no support when I actually needed it.

If you're charging money for something you've got to back it up!

Commented lines from 607 to 609. Plugin worked with XF 1.3 and the latest version of Wordpress.
PHP:
if (!$ipMatched) {
  $session = false;
}

Does it work well if I have a blog on a different domain than the forum (but on the same server)?

I recommend not buying this plugin until I decide to update it. It's confirmed to not work with xf v1.3 but it is stable for any xF versions below that. Furthermore, as @skiv has pointed out, commenting those lines out makes the plugin work for v1.3 (I cannot confirm, I am not on xF 1.3)

I am currently extremely busy with work / school. If I get time, I will try to update it but for now support has essentially ended.

I recommend not buying this plugin until I decide to update it. It's confirmed to not work with xf v1.3 but it is stable for any xF versions below that. Furthermore, as @skiv has pointed out, commenting those lines out makes the plugin work for v1.3 (I cannot confirm, I am not on xF 1.3)

I am currently extremely busy with work / school. If I get time, I will try to update it but for now support has essentially ended.

Faeronsayn: I am willing to help update this plugin to work for Wp v4.0 and XenForo 1.4.1, but is there any way you could lead me into the right direction to make this add-on work? I would also be willing to compensate / hire you to update this plugin for my website. I am in a critical position with a website that needs this functionality ASAP. If you are not capable of taking on this task, please message with some helpful guidance on how to update the software to work with latest versions of WP and XenForo.

Thanks bud,

Reactions: Dav
Faeronsayn: I am willing to help update this plugin to work for Wp v4.0 and XenForo 1.4.1, but is there any way you could lead me into the right direction to make this add-on work? I would also be willing to compensate / hire you to update this plugin for my website. I am in a critical position with a website that needs this functionality ASAP. If you are not capable of taking on this task, please message with some helpful guidance on how to update the software to work with latest versions of WP and XenForo.

Thanks bud,

Have you looked into some other plugins?

@faeronsayn Hello, i recently upgraded my forum to 1.4.3 and i have just tried to log into my Wordpress admin. I seem to be locked out. When i login i have success logging into the forum but not WP admin. Is there a way i can fix this as i have a lot of work to do.

I just need a quick way to get into WP admin. Thanks :)

I guess this does not support XF 1.4 and above?

I need the below:

I'm interested in the addon that will do the below:

I would like to have my entire site with Wordpress, then have Xenforo under /forums

I want my Xenforo members to be able to login with their Xenforo account.

They should then be able to comment on my Wordpress articles/pages.

Xenforo avatar show up with their Wordpress comments.

So basically I want them to able to go between Wordpress and Xenforo no problem and be able to comment everywhere.

Note: I am running my site on XF 1.4+ and I have seen few add-ons here that do not support this version

Thank you and any advice will be appreciated.

Question:

What if Wordpress and XenForo are on two separete servers

I.E.

xenforo.domainname.com is XF
domainname.com is Wordpress

But bear in mind they are on two servers - would this plugin work?

Also - does it support XF 1.4.X and WP 4.2.2

I'm hoping to find a WP plugin that will pull the most recent posts from my Xenforo forum, and display them in a widget in the WP sidebar. It would link back to the last post itself.

Right now I'm using the 'eipsoftware wordpress plugin' but it's not maintained, and does not link back to the post, only to the first post of the thread where the latest post is located. You can imagine the confusion.

Thanks!

Top Bottom