Not a bug XF v2.1.2 to XF v2.1.2 Attachment import issue

ibaker

Affected version
xf 2.1.2 and xfi 1.2.3
I already have an existing populated forum with many threads and posts (450k posts) running on xf v2.1.2 (the target site)

I have another forum instance which is also populated with 20k posts and also on xf v2.1.2 (the source site)

I am trying to import the source site into the target site to end up with posts of 450k + 20k = 470k

The import goes ok with the exception of the attachments. The attachments are imported however when the post has the attachments inline i.e. added to within the content of the post, the attachments are just shown as added to post as normal attachments and NOT inline with the post content.

However, where the attachments were placed inline of the post content, there is a link with the text "View attachment 37058".

Note the attachment id number in the link of 37058. This number is the attachment id in the source site so when clicking the link you see the existing attachment 37058 of the target site which is a completely different attachment...the imported attachment id number has gone from 37058 to the next sequential attachment number of the target site of 43356.

It seems that when the post and attachment are imported, the attachment is given the next sequential id number of the target site but does not edit the post inline attachment id number changing it to new number of the imported attachment.

This is the attachment details in the SOURCE site:

1.webp

This is what the post looks like in the TARGET site after the import and note the attachment details and the inline attachment links - see how the attachment id number has changed from 37058 to 43356 yet the inline link where the attachment should be still shows a link to 37058 which is an existing attachment of 37058 of the TARGET site thus a completely different attachment

2.webp

I have lodged a ticket but I don't think they seem to understand

I have lodged a ticket but I don't think they seem to understand
The ticket is still open and so far they have asked you a simple but logical question to which you only provided a response in the early hours of the morning (for us).

Not sure how you can summise that they don't understand. Rather than duplicating effort, let's stick to the ticket for them to troubleshoot the problem further.

Thanks Chris however their reply was "what was the bbcode for the imported post" which didn't make sense to me

Top Bottom