Lack of interest XF Share

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ben Davis

I was wondering if there was a XF Share sort of thing in development, similar to Facebook's Share. Now, don't get the wrong idea this has nothing to do with Facebook, I'm merely using it as an example.

Basically I thought that you could use it to share links via the forum, using a thread, because that would allow everyone on the forum to see the posted link and thus have a discussion about it. Or you could add an option to post it as a status instead so that it'll be ruled by your privacy settings.

How do people feel about this?

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If people follow me, they can browse through their news-feed to find my new content. That should be enough.

Yeah, i don't get it. that said, I also never use fb share, because i think it's useless.

Why not just make a thread with the link, or private msg your friend that link? .. why does this need a separate function?

To make it easier to share links via XenForo? I'm honestly not too sure on the reasons behind it myself. I'm sure someone else can make a more valid argument for it than me lol. Merely attempting a little brainstorm. I had just added Facebook's Share button to a page on my website and wondered if XF had one that I could add there as well :)

I think if I want to share the page itself with someone else, I would just privmsg them, or social bookmark it, or twitter about it. Paste it to irc, etc, the usual.

Top Bottom