1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest XF Share

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ben Davis, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

I was wondering if there was a XF Share sort of thing in development, similar to Facebook's Share. Now, don't get the wrong idea this has nothing to do with Facebook, I'm merely using it as an example.

Basically I thought that you could use it to share links via the forum, using a thread, because that would allow everyone on the forum to see the posted link and thus have a discussion about it. Or you could add an option to post it as a status instead so that it'll be ruled by your privacy settings.

How do people feel about this?

GodForum.com and Peggy like this.
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

If people follow me, they can browse through their news-feed to find my new content. That should be enough.

3. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

I was thinking more in terms of sharing say external links, that sort of thing.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Yeah, i don't get it. that said, I also never use fb share, because i think it's useless.

Why not just make a thread with the link, or private msg your friend that link? .. why does this need a separate function?

5. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

To make it easier to share links via XenForo? I'm honestly not too sure on the reasons behind it myself. I'm sure someone else can make a more valid argument for it than me lol. Merely attempting a little brainstorm. I had just added Facebook's Share button to a page on my website and wondered if XF had one that I could add there as well :)

6. Floris

Floris Guest

I think if I want to share the page itself with someone else, I would just privmsg them, or social bookmark it, or twitter about it. Paste it to irc, etc, the usual.

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I actually think it's a pretty good idea.

GodForum.com likes this.
  8. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

I'm glad you think so :D lol