1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xf seo: im looking for feedback

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by majdi, Dec 10, 2010.

1. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

i would like to see some real feedback based on statistics about xf seo and SERP from people who converted to it, not new installs.
    i don't care about theories and whats on the paper. what really matters to me is real experiences.
    Thank you in advance.
  2. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I switched to XenForo on Wednesday. I was using VB4's built in SEO before hand...
    With the VB4 site, I was doing full-page interstitials... I removed them for the Xenforo site...

My advertisement traffic (and income) has doubled. PERIOD.
    Digital Doctor, Kier and Peggy like this.
  3. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

but are you saying is it better?

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

A newer website is harder to generate leads than it is for an established website to do. Jaxel's website tripled in profits because of his site being older and more established..
  5. TNCclubman

So if you switch software, your site will triple in profits as long as its established?

Never heard of that.

How you can discount the xF factor is beyond me.
    Peggy likes this.
  6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Never did. I'm telling you from first hand experience myself, that its harder to attract visitors to a newer website, a newer forum at that...than it is for you to do for a pre-established site.

And I never said if you switched software, your profits triples....I said, if your site is more established, as Jaxel's site proves...if your site is more established, and you switched forum software, and people LIKE it....more likely, the site will triple in profits.
  7. TNCclubman

but the 1 site switched software and it tripled. No other factors are involved. Its directly attributed to the xF.

A new site wont triple to the established sites level, but id say you can expect a similar tripling of the low traffic.

Like on the new site, 5 views become 15 views, as opposed to 50,000 views becoming 150,000 views on the busy site.
  8. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Hi Jaxel, when you say "advertisement traffic", do you mean that your overall pageviews have doubled on switching to XF?
  9. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

i dont think he was talking about total pageviews.
  10. Pierpaolo D'Aimmo

Pierpaolo D'Aimmo New Member

Yeah but what about comparing Xenforo with a vb4 + vbseo ? (Hi all, I'm new here)
  11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

There is no comparison, imo. In any way, shape, or form.

Oh wait, you're talking about seo...

Well y'see, the thing is, XenForo doesn't need an add-on to do what vB seems to need vBSEO to do. :)
    AlexandrosD likes this.
  12. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

XF has seo covered as far as keyword titled urls and page titles. The only thing needed yet is sitemap generator.

If I am not mistaken I think Jaxel also made a change with his advertisements also and there are way to many factors involved when trying to compare a revenue increase so I wouldn't even take that in to consideration.