XF SEO and VB SEO

dooma

Hello all XF members ,

vB SEO is an amazing plugin which helps forums to be active more quickly , I'm asking is there a Xenforo SEO plugin such as the vBulletin one ؟؟ or a plugin which compensates the vb one ?

Thanks

Hello all XF members ,

vB SEO is an amazing plugin which helps forums to be active more quickly , I'm asking is there a Xenforo SEO plugin such as the vBulletin one ؟؟ or a plugin which compensates the vb one ?

Thanks

In todays day and age of google, VBSEO in my honest opinion is much overrated. Regardless, XenForo has amazing SEO built in, so a 3rd party addon is no longer required.

In todays day and age of google, VBSEO in my honest opinion is much overrated. Regardless, XenForo has amazing SEO built in, so a 3rd party addon is no longer required.

Not to mention, SEO is fiddled by so many people that it's no longer something one should obsess over. Changes made to vBSEO over the past year or so has done more harm than good.

vBSEO works because vBulletin needs it. I used it for several years and it did an amazing job for us.
Xenforo doesn't need a separate SEO software; but if those folks ever release it for XF - I might consider buying one. :)

It's useful if a customized URL structure is required. That however is a more personal preference than a SEO issue. But there is a small market for such an add-on, as multiple people have asked about this.

I'm also on the same boat! I've a vB 3.8+vBSEO board which I intend to port to XF at some time in the future. But I really like the custom URL structure of my board (via VBSEO) and would love to continue using it if I can. i.e. have the vBSEOed urls work properly with XF without any redirects.

This should cut down any re-indexing issues or potential (hopefully not permanent) drop in SERPs. So far, I haven't found any solutions for doing that with XF.

Top Bottom