1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by SeriousJoker, Mar 22, 2013.

1. SeriousJoker

SeriousJoker Active Member

Hello all XF members ,

vB SEO is an amazing plugin which helps forums to be active more quickly , I'm asking is there a Xenforo SEO plugin such as the vBulletin one ؟؟ or a plugin which compensates the vb one ?

2. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

As far as I know, all the SEO functions are built-in inside the core software, so you will not need an extra plugin.
    Puntocom likes this.
  3. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In todays day and age of google, VBSEO in my honest opinion is much overrated. Regardless, XenForo has amazing SEO built in, so a 3rd party addon is no longer required.
  6. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Not to mention, SEO is fiddled by so many people that it's no longer something one should obsess over. Changes made to vBSEO over the past year or so has done more harm than good.
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  7. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

vBSEO works because vBulletin needs it. I used it for several years and it did an amazing job for us.
    Xenforo doesn't need a separate SEO software; but if those folks ever release it for XF - I might consider buying one. :)
    Bram likes this.
  8. sweetpotato

sweetpotato Active Member

I am still on VB 4 but don't use VB SEO because it slows the site. I am using Mod rewrite with VB friendly Url and it still good as far as I know
  9. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

It's useful if a customized URL structure is required. That however is a more personal preference than a SEO issue. But there is a small market for such an add-on, as multiple people have asked about this.
  10. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Does vBSEO store SEF URLs in the database or create them on-the-fly?
  11. MikeMpls

MikeMpls Well-Known Member

Amazing and then some -- I had one vBulletin + vbSEO forum with practically zero useful content but hundreds and hundreds of pages indexed in Google.

Hopefully Google got smarter.
    Steve F likes this.
  12. Hemanth

Hemanth Member

I'm also on the same boat! I've a vB 3.8+vBSEO board which I intend to port to XF at some time in the future. But I really like the custom URL structure of my board (via VBSEO) and would love to continue using it if I can. i.e. have the vBSEOed urls work properly with XF without any redirects.

This should cut down any re-indexing issues or potential (hopefully not permanent) drop in SERPs. So far, I haven't found any solutions for doing that with XF.