XF RM Questions

xIsabel38

So I'm thinking of taking up a new project that would heavily involve the Resource Manager. But as I never used it before, I don't really know what I would need for it so I have a few questions about it.

1. Will the uploads and downloads have extensive impact on a server? Would I need to get some sort of SSL or Dedicated server for this? Any ideas on the server size I'd need? Forgive me but I've only ever used Shared Hosting so I'm not knowledgeable on VPS, Dedicated, SSL, and all of that. Would a Shared host not work with this?

2. What can I do to protect myself and users against malicious uploads? What does XF or anyone else do for these things?

The only real impact it will have is on bandwidth and disk space.
Unless your site is massively busy and you anticipate a lot of uploading and downloading, it will work fine on shared hosting.

What exactly are your concerns about malicious uploads?
The RM is no different to posts as far as uploads are concerned.

The only real impact it will have is on bandwidth and disk space.
Unless your site is massively busy and you anticipate a lot of uploading and downloading, it will work fine on shared hosting.
This is extremely great to hear. I do want to get SSL but now I know I can just get the basics for that.

What exactly are your concerns about malicious uploads?
The RM is no different to posts as far as uploads are concerned.
I just get worried of people downloading some sort of virus or something. I wasn't sure if XF had a built in way to deal with this or if users have found some way to prevent it or scan files.

Top Bottom