Resource icon

XF QapTcha 1.1

No permission to download

serene

serene submitted a new resource:

XF QapTcha (version 1.1) - Comfortable CAPTCHA and protection from spam bots

This is an alternative option to the standard anti-spam bots (ReCAPTCHA and question-and-answer).
View attachment 37033
As seen in the figure above, the addon works with the standard setting group captcha for guests and will be used as the registration of users, and in the form of password recovery, and when adding a guest posts.

After installing the XF QapTcha and activate it in your user does not have to parse that is drawn on a picture to enter the correct verification line, as it...

Read more about this resource...

I've looked at the code: it's both compact and very clean, especially the Javascript with a nice use of JqueryUI. Congratulations!

Do you think it will be possible to use your method with (and not instead) ReCAPTCHA or Questions/Answer methods?

Thank you for your comment and evaluation addon :)

As for your question, in the current version of the addon a multi-use spam checks are not implemented. I do not see reason in this. Why make things difficult for the user?

Thank you for your comment and evaluation addon :)

As for your question, in the current version of the addon a multi-use spam checks are not implemented. I do not see reason in this. Why make things difficult for the user?
You've got a point ;) I just wanted to continue to use the Question&Answer protection (which would work very well if some bots didn't specifically target XenForo) and to increase the protection with your addon which is so simple to use to register.

I will try it anyway on my active board this week :)

can you change the phrase qaptcha_lock from "Locked: the form can not be sent." to "Locked: you can not submit the form until completely slide the cursor up to the right." for further explanation of the action to perform (or better descriptive phrase)?
It looks like:
12.webp

Salud2

May I suggest to change this line?
PHP:
$extraChoices['QapTcha'] = new XenForo_Phrase('qaptcha_selected');

To:
PHP:
$extraChoices['QapTcha'] = array(
'label' => new XenForo_Phrase('qaptcha_selected'),
'value' => 'QapTcha_Captcha_QapTcha'
);

That way you could move the "library/XenForo/Captcha/QapTcha.php" file under it's own addon folder, for example "library/QapTcha/Captcha/QapTcha.php" instead of mixing them into the XF core library. Other than that I think you'd just need to change the class name from XenForo_Captcha_QapTcha to the value of the $extraChoices.

I've looked at the code: it's both compact and very clean, especially the Javascript with a nice use of JqueryUI. Congratulations!

Do you think it will be possible to use your method with (and not instead) ReCAPTCHA or Questions/Answer methods?
It's also "wrong".

To Author: do you mind if I go over everything and make the code more how it is meant to be done with XenForo? I want to use this add-on but won't without modifying it anyway so may as well tell you why...

Loving the helpful feedback and code suggestions for serene in here.

To Author: do you mind if I go over everything and make the code more how it is meant to be done with XenForo?

Perhaps send the patch(es) to author for inclusion and version update?

Yeah I will do that but the rest of the look of the code is that of a higher standard than most around here so was thinking I should explain my changes as well.

Would you share it with us too, since it appears there has been no update from the author?

Files are in correct path? Contents of 'upload' folder must be in your root XenForo forum (js to js folder, library to library folder, and styles to styles folder).

Salud2

How do I enable this after install?
The Add-On is installed and Active, but I cannot see where to enable/select it is a the captcha option??
I go to /admin.php?options/list/usersAndRegistration but still only have the option for KeyCaptcha, ReCaptcha, and Q&A. The latter (Q&A) is currently selected, but when visiting the /register/ page I still only see the Q&A, not this qaptcha

Top Bottom