XF Paid Mods - Bad Support

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date
D

DirtRider

Well without mentioning names here I am a bit surprised at some of the bad support a few of the paid mods have. I have now tried to purchase two mods without any success as the purchase process just does not work. I also found another mod (not cheap at that) I already purchases was feature lacking. Even after the coder had promised new features added some time back nothing has become of this.

It looks like before purchasing a mod one needs to really go through the discussion thread completely as well as the review thread. Possibly also look for other mods done by the same coder and do the same with those :p

In what way does the purchase process not work for the two add-ons you have not had success with? Is it the payment options provided? The lack of payment options you have available? Some other reason?

If you purchase an add-on that is lacking features, how is that anyone's fault but your own? It either means you purchased the add-on knowing that it didn't have feature X and you are just hoping that feature X might be added in the future. Or you purchased the add-on without first checking if feature X is available or not. It becomes less your own fault if the developer promises feature X and then doesn't deliver. As a developer I am guilty of that myself but I know all too well how difficult it can be to balance and manage expectations.

But, besides all that, your final point is absolutely true. Always has been and always will be and applies to pretty much everything in life that costs money. Do your research beforehand, and only buy if you're happy with the product as it is now. Not what it might be in the future.

Both those mods purchase option just lead to a none existent page. On your lack of features you do have a point and I did check it and see this. Some of them are basic features that one would have thought to find in said mod. Reading the feature request and the reply from the coder at the time I did feel that they would be added.

However I must also say there are more really great coders here that go all out to support their products as much as they can. I think overall it is a case of identifying then and trying to rather just stick with using them as much as possible. :D

It looks like before purchasing a mod one needs to really go through the discussion thread completely as well as the review thread. Possibly also look for other mods done by the same coder and do the same with those :p

Yes. When you buy something, have a good look at that item and make sure that it really does what you want. That is your and only your responsibility. So you don''t come back and complain that it did not do this or that. How does this qualify for bad support on the coders part is beyond me.

And it sure looks like dealing with a coder such as yourself is a bad idea all round :mad:

Did somebody say something here, oh I must have been mistaken lol

Top Bottom