1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNIXy.net Review - Bad Support - Stay Away

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by seojoseph, Dec 23, 2013.

1. seojoseph

seojoseph Member

I'm really not one to bash someones company but I feel that this is bull-CRAP.

History: we've been with UNIXy for 9 months. Upon signing up with them we were sold that since this is a managed server that they will pretty much do whatever we need a normal system admin to do. This is when they had a live chat which doesn't seem to be there now.

I have made a request to upgrade ElasticSearch. They had a question - I answered it. They closed the ticket. Hmm, they never updated elastic search.

In another instance I told them that I wanted to move to a different server with cpanel. They replied:

I told them that I am going to move to another hosting company. Note - we pay 190 a month - we have maybe 5 websites on the server. They sold me on the fact that they will: "pretty much do whatever we need a normal system admin to do" - it's a managed server.

Note - the server hasn't been done. There hasn't been any downtime but if you look at their Facebook
    Can you call them?

http://www.unixy.net/contact-unixy/ - NOPE.

So what if your server just froze - and you're locked out of shell? You're not getting a response from your host?

My advise: Look else ware. They oversell promises, and under deliver.