XF 1.5 XF no longer loads after web host change. Please help

Tristan10

I have just changed hosts and here is how I did it:

• Downloaded all the files from the old host and uploaded them in the same directory on the new one.
  • Exported the database as .sql and then used SSH to import all the info over to a new database.
  • Edited the config.php file to match the information of the new database.
  • Made sure the file permissions for data and internal_data are set to 777
When trying to access the site, it loads forever and eventually fails (saying took to long to respond or something along those lines.) . I know the domain is set up correctly because I made a test html file in the root directory where I have XF installed and pointed my browser to it. Loaded up fine.

Did I miss anything? Why won't XenForo load? Thanks for any suggestions!

That's likely a Friendly URLs issue.

https://xenforo.com/help/friendly-urls/

Possibly due to a missing .htaccess file or missing server support.
Sorry to keep replying. It is a friendly URL issue. I use 1&1 in order to host. I am using the .htaccess file included in the XenForo directory (changed from .txt). It still doesn't work. I found this 1&1 article that may be useful, but I don't know much about this stuff. 1&1 Help

Is this shared hosting or is it a VPS/dedicated server?

There are server configuration considerations, though they generally shouldn't be a problem on a shared server. On a VPS/dedicated server, if you set it up yourself, the AllowOverride config is not Apache's default.

Is this shared hosting or is it a VPS/dedicated server?

There are server configuration considerations, though they generally shouldn't be a problem on a shared server. On a VPS/dedicated server, if you set it up yourself, the AllowOverride config is not Apache's default.
It is a shared server.

Based on 1&1's docs, it should work. If you're 100% positive the .htaccess file is in place, then submit a ticket with FTP/cPanel details and we'll have a look.

Top Bottom