XF 1.4 XF Import

Travis

Trying to Import Data from One XF installation to a brand new one. It keeps saying my paths for data and internal data are incorrect:

• The data directory could not be found.
  • The internal data directory could not be found.

forum ftvworld.net/forums
data path /public_html/forums/data
internal /public_html/forums/internal_data

what am I doing wrong?

Have you tried...(assuming your domain/hosting account is ftvworld)

/home/ftvworld/public_html/forum/data
/home/ftvworld/public_html/forum/internal_data

upload this file to your forum root (of your old installation)...then navigate to the page in your browser, it will print out both paths for you...use those
When I run that, I get:
/home/ftvworld/public_html/forums/data
/home/ftvworld/public_html/forums/internal_data

So I put that in the importer and get:
The data directory could not be found.

managed to get that working. Now when I go to import users I get this:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 804
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/XenForo.php at line 748
  9. XenForo_Importer_XenForo->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/XenForo.php at line 624
  10. XenForo_Importer_XenForo->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/XenForo.php at line 378
  11. XenForo_Importer_XenForo->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  12. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ftvworld/public_html/new/admin.php at line 13

Are you attempting to retain IDs?

You can't do so in an installation with existing data.
that was the issue.

However, now when I try to import Thread prefixes (there are over 100!) I get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@new.ftvworld.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

any advice?

Check the server error log for more information.
That's the actual log on the server, not in the ACP (although there may be something there also).

Check the server error log for more information.
That's the actual log on the server, not in the ACP (although there may be something there also).

[Wed Mar 11 02:04:49.421866 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 678063] [client 106.68.83.3:53853] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/ftvworld/public_html/new/internal_data

Any help?

Do you have anything in the .htaccess file preventing access?

This is an Apache/server configuration issue.
I fixed that, but now I get...

Server Error
Step threadPrefixes cannot be run.

1. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  2. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  3. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ftvworld/public_html/new/admin.php at line 13

At this point I would probably recommend importing your backed up database (which you took prior to doing the import) and starting again.

BTW, you don't need to quote my post every single time you reply.

I am starting a new forum. However, my co-admin wants members and Some Nodes and topics transferred accross, to go with our new site. Its a long story, but I have a new XF Installation with some nodes created and I want to transfer content from the existing installation

Reinstalling and starting again is probably a worthwhile test.

The thread prefixes step isn't paginated, but it normally shouldn't take that long as the data is not incredibly complicated. If it does keep blocking, the most straight forward thing might be to unassign your prefixes from forums as that will reduce the amount of data to be inserted. It certainly appears that your host may have very strict time limits (which makes importing somewhat more difficult).

The thread prefixes step isn't paginated, but it normally shouldn't take that long as the data is not incredibly complicated.

@Mike can I suggest you revisit pagination of thread prefix imports (if possible) for a future version?

I'm currently (as in right now) attempting to migrate my ZooChat forums from vB to XenForo and we have over 1,800 thread prefixes (one per zoo) across 116 prefix groups (one per country) ... as mentioned in this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/can-i-have-thousands-of-forums.120543/#post-1095900

I had a couple of hiccups with my test import, but got it working, but now my production import (on an identical machine to that I did the test on) is falling over with gateway timeouts and "Step threadPrefixes cannot be run" errors.

I'll try restoring from backup and increasing the timeouts to see if I can get it past this step.

Thread prefixes are critical to us, since we are using them to group threads by zoo - we have one forum per country (grouped into region categories) and each forum has one thread prefix per zoo for that country so users can either post a general thread about zoos in that country or post a thread about a specific zoo by attaching a thread prefix.

I do acknowledge that it's a rare use case though :D

Will report back how I get on. I was surprised at how well the test migration went and how well it performs with so many forums and galleries (we have over 2,200 photo gallery categories), but then that test server didn't have any load on it!

Okay, I restored from a backup I took earlier in the import process, changed my nginx settings to add:
Code:
fastcgi_read_timeout 180;
to my nginx.conf http block, then restarted nginx.

I had to disable APCu cache because it was picking up the old datastore importSession settings from before the database restore, but then I was good to go.

Completed without problems this time: 1,858 thread prefixes and 116 thread prefix groups imported.

*does another backup and then continues with import*

Top Bottom