1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 XF images folder

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by AndreaMarucci, Feb 14, 2012.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

I'm upgrading from 1.1 to 1.1.2 and I've downloaded just the upgrade package. I've seen that the styles/default/xenforo folder is full of elements and since I've modified a lot of images I would like to ask if there are changes in the images from 1.1 to 1.1.2 or if I can skip uploading the styles/default/xenforo folder
  2. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

I don't see why there would be any changes in that release. However you shouldn't be modifying those files in the first place. You should be using styles/yourstyle/xenforo instead.
  3. AndreaMarucci

Your're right but can someone explain how to modify the path for certain files? Where do I've to go?
  4. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

You should be making a new child style of the default style. Then in it change it to the new path. The new path should have a copy of all the default files and then you can change whatever you want. This will also mean you can change templates as you want without changing the default ones.
  5. AndreaMarucci

Thanks, I'll look at it...
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Also, many FTP programs have an option to ignore existing files, meaning it will only upload files that are new to 1.1.2. I use Filezilla and it has that option. I use it for image folders often.