XF 2.0 Upgraded from XF 1.5 to XF 2. Can I clean the library folder?

Daniel-SP

Hello guys.

I just followed every step from the XF2 documentation and did:

1. Unnistalled all addons
  2. Uploaded the XF2 upgrade package to FTP.
  3. Installed XF2.
The site is running perfectly and Im starting to setup everything again. My doubt is:

I see that there are still many files inside my Library folder from addons I had on 1.5.

Considering that I have no addon installed at this moment. Am I free to only leave .htaccess and index.html on this folder?

Another question: Is there any other folder that deserves a similar clean up before I start installing everything from XF2?

The main addons I use are ready for XF2, they dont require much setup and I prefer to follow this upgrading guideline where they advise do uninstall:

If you do not intend to use an add-on any longer, if possible, we recommend uninstalling it before upgrading. Not doing so may leave orphaned data in your database.

Another point is that there are many addons that Im not using anymore that still have some folders there.

So you don't plan on using any addons that you had used in XF1?

Many of them wasn't really ported and were made my another developer.

But thats not even the case, look:

I use the ads addon by @Siropu. Bought it in XF1 and now renewed for XF2. Since its a completelly new setup, the point of my question is that if I just merge XF1 folder with the new XF2 content, the addon might work properly but siropu might have deprecated some files for XF2 that wont be merged since the files don`t exists anymore in the new addon. So there is going to be a file from XF1 forever there.

To answer the question:

Top Bottom