XF Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekgirl

My forum is hosted by XF Host, has been down for two days and I have no clue what the heck is up. Have put in support tickets with no answers, tried to call the 888 number, which is now defunct and messaged Mike...no answer yet.

Does anyone know if Mike is still around? I need my forum up and running...do not want to badmouth anyone and am just asking if Mike is still around...

Thanks

Well, I have not made any changes and the issue is that I have had NO responses to my tickets and my site has been down for two days....

Sure is...I have almost 2000 members, many of them paying members and no site up...I guess it is time to move - should have done so a while ago :-(

Hi Paige, yes your site has indeed been down, but as I explained to you via PM here when you wrote me, this appears to be isolated to your site and I'm awaiting a reply back from you to help troubleshoot it. You put in a ticket late last night for the first time. So if your site has been down for two days, I'd have no way to know this. All other sites on the server are running fine and yours, is loading most refreshes, it appears to be an add-on conflict.

Mike, I put in a ticket early evening and another one this morning...with no responses...it is the mem cache and I disabled it as per some of the members and moderators suggestions in the config.php file...the site is now working...

I don't see any memcache errors, I do see your search index is crashed and I am repairing it in your database now.

OK - thanks...I posted the error that appears in the error logs and it was the backend memcache...once disabled, the site was up and running...

I show memcache running fine and as pointed out halforums is running fine, which also uses it. But I restarted memcache service anyway. You can turn it back on in your config. I'm pretty confident in saying it was your crashed search index causing the issue.

I use gotsitemonitor when my site is down. I get emails about it. You should do the same. @tekgirl It helps me monitor patterns and keep a record of it. It's come in handy with all the hosts I've used this year so far. I think every webmaster should use a service such as gotsitemonitor.

Just on the topic of monitoring, pingdom is great for site monitoring. It emails you straight away when your site is down and when it is back again. Has monthly summaries and great to see how the current host is performing.

xfhost.webp

Just on the topic of monitoring, pingdom is great for site monitoring. It emails you straight away when your site is down and when it is back again. Has monthly summaries and great to see how the current host is performing.

View attachment 62994
Ouch, looks like you need to find a new host. I know it's only 5 hours but that's still unacceptable by most standards. A host should be able to keep within 99.xx% easily. 57 downtime issues is a little alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom